INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist based on currently playing song(BPM, Intensity, Year, Genre etc..)?  (Read 1610 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Has this been talked about as a feature to add?

Doesn't seem like it would be very hard.  Just say, "genre = 'currently playing'", "year within such and such range of 'currently playing'", bpm  etc...
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re:Smartlist based on currently playing song?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 03:50:27 am »

I don't quite get this. Do you mean the songs in the Playing Now list? MC plays only one song at the time (=currently playing).

Or do you mean that MC should gather the songs that were in the currently playing state and filter them with a search expression? That would be a subset of the recently played songs and should be already possible.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 12:45:00 pm »

Im refering to the song that is currently playing through the speakers.

My goal is to create an automatic filter so that when I hear a song I like, I can go to this smart list and find other songs like it without having to first figure out the metadata from that song and then search in the media library based on that.

Alex, how do you base it on the recently played songs?  What specific syntax would I use?

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 01:12:32 pm »

Datdude,

Have you played a little bit with the "locate" feature?

Select the current playing song in Playing Now, right click -> Locate and you can can have a one-click access to all the songs of that particular artist or that particular album, genre or rating.

If you use Locate -> Advanced, you can even use any field of the database such as year, intensity or whatever.

If you haven't done so, take a look at it. Perhaps it's just a simple approach to what you want, but hope it helps.

-----
Listening to: 'As Much as I Can Give You Girl' from 'Destination' by 'Ronan Keating' on Media Center 10

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2004, 01:25:56 am »

That is a nice feature but you can only use one attribute and I would like to use BPM, Intensity, Year, Genre, Sub-genre all at the same time in a smart list that gives ranges as well for say years and BPM and it would automatically produce this list for each new song played.  This would be a great feature rather than having to figure out what each one of those values I mentioned above are and then either having to look that up using panes or a smart list that I have to make.  

What does everyone else think about this idea?

Would it be difficult to implement and would others besides myself use it?

datdude

• MC Beta Team

Bump
Pages: [1]   Go Up