INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Easy track selection for cover picture mode  (Read 1160 times)

thomaspf

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Easy track selection for cover picture mode
« on: October 29, 2004, 01:35:10 am »

Hi,

I am wondering how people deal with this. My standard view is set to album thumbnails and most of the time I select music by browsing the covers.

a nice feature is that there is a delayed pop-up windows that shows the tracks. However, if I want to go to a particular track I have to right-click then navigate to locate -> Album and pick the track I want. Then I have to switch back to the Thumbnail view to continue browsing. Overall this feel pretty tedious.

Is there a faster way to do this or even better could you guys implement a feature that lets me select a track directly from the pop-up window.

Cheers

Thomas

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Easy track selection for cover picture mode
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 02:40:01 pm »

select a track directly from the pop-up window

That would be a great feature!
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

pank2002

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 02:48:37 pm »

Yes, that's an excellent idea.

I think you would like library browser in MC11 if you haven't already tried it. There's a direct link under each artist/album thumbnail to the tracks.
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

thomaspf

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 06:57:56 pm »

I am looking at the library browser right now and while I am getting the cover view with 2 lines of info I am not clear how I would select an indivudual track from this view.

Am I doing something wrong?

I still like the thumbnail view with 7 covers / line for browsing my collection.

Cheers

Thomas

LonWar

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 07:09:17 am »

I am looking at the library browser right now and while I am getting the cover view with 2 lines of info I am not clear how I would select an indivudual track from this view.

Am I doing something wrong?

I still like the thumbnail view with 7 covers / line for browsing my collection.

Cheers

Thomas

Click on the album you want and select files, It's reight beside Play...
-

thomaspf

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 07:31:49 pm »

Sorry for being dense but how does that help me in selecting a specific track from the album. If I click on the files tab I switch the views to the file listing but the I have to switch back to get to the view where I started from.

This just does not flow right. Think of it. Move mouse over album art, delayed pop-up with track list (or maybe a single left click), one click to send it to the playlist. Move on to next album.

If you want to leverage the smart menues you could offer multiple actions mover the actions one level down and cache it much like te menues work throughout the system.

Cheers

Thomas
Pages: [1]   Go Up