INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod question - playlist with multiple genres  (Read 1412 times)

MrVegas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Love the music, live the Word
iPod question - playlist with multiple genres
« on: November 03, 2004, 03:09:03 pm »

I use MC10 and 3rd generation iPod.  I asked this question on an iPod forum and they said to use Smart Playlists but I don't think I have them since I don't use iTunes. ??

Anyway, I sync songs from MC to my iPod using playlists sorted by Genre.  I have one for rock, blues and jazz.  So I am at the gym and I want to randomly play songs from the rock and blues genre, but not jazz.

How can I pull this off?

Thanks,
Bob
_/_/_/_/_/_/
Audio nerd

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:iPod question - playlist with multiple genres
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 03:53:15 pm »

Bob,

If you create MC smartlists for rock, blues, jazz, etc., everytime you sync, you should get different songs on your iPod which will be random. MC does not currently have the ability to create the playists on iPod so that when you select them multiple times they randomly reassign files on iPod (without an intervening sync to MC).

Steve

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
Re:iPod question - playlist with multiple genres
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 04:26:28 pm »

But if you always only want to listen to rock and blues at the gym, it's easy enough to create a smartlist that has those genres and sync that to the iPod.

I have my playlist for running -- it is a random selection, limited to about 2 hours of music, from certain genres (dance, rock, world, etc.) with an intensity of 3 or greater (but I think I need to change it to 4). Works beautifully.
Pages: [1]   Go Up