INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Room correction filters?  (Read 674 times)

tomgrossi

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
Room correction filters?
« on: November 06, 2004, 08:23:21 am »

Hi.  I tried a search on this but didn't really find anything.  I wanted to experiement with using room correction... this is basically a process whereby you can fine-tune the equalization in your room (level and phase) in small frequency increments to make the response at the listener flat.   There are commercial options like the TaCT RCS system but I know some HTPC enthusiasts have created software to play with this and I wanted to know if anyone had used it with Media Center.  

Specifically, I believe there are at least two products, one of them called DRC (see here: http://freshmeat.net/projects/drc/?topic_id=114), that allow you to create software digital filters.  DRC says it requires a "real time convolution engine" to work and some people say they use Foobar2000 playback software for this purpose.  Does Media Center offer such functionality and, if so, how would I use it?  

Alternatively, is there at least a finer equalization plug in which would allow fine-tuning of a subwoofer to get rid of room modes (this is actually my primary concern.)

Thanks.  -Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up