INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11.0.117: Can AVI files have cover art?  (Read 2120 times)

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
MC 11.0.117: Can AVI files have cover art?
« on: November 04, 2004, 07:53:24 pm »

I am starting to add XviD encoded AVI movies to my MC11 database. I see that while importing each AVI, MC11 pulls a random frame from each AVI file as the "image" cover art for the AVI. The problem with this is that most of these random frames are either pure black or otherwise meaningless in conveying info about the selected film.  I also noticed that "file properties" does not offer a data field for any cover art image to be associated with each AVI.

So my questions are:

1. In MC11, can you associate the correct dvd movie cover art with each AVI file? (It doesn't seem that the way you would do it for a music file works for a video file). I already have all the jpeg cover art, I just don't see any way to make the file association between the AVI and the jpeg cover art.

2. If the answer is NO. Then, is this feature going to be added to MC11 at some point in the Alpha (or Beta) builds of MC11?

I am sure I am not the only one with a strong desire for this feature.

Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:MC 11.0.117: Can AVI files have cover art?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 10:24:50 pm »

In a previous version of MC, you could select the video frame used as cover art from within the video file iteslf (internally in MC). This feature went missing a while ago, unfortunately. Any chance something like this could be resurrected?

StarBand Guy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I might be a porcupine.
Re:MC 11.0.117: Can AVI files have cover art?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 02:10:40 pm »

I've been trying to get "cover art" on for my collection of DVD's on my hard drive (VOB files).

I finally discovered that if I already have the graphic somewhere, I can use the "Image-->Add From File" command (from a rt-clk on the file) and it will work.  Note that "Image-->Paste from ClipBoard" will NOT work, nor will it pull in frames from the video, of course.
Pages: [1]   Go Up