INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ER: Cover Art per Genre  (Read 1554 times)

Dopas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • MC rocks ... keep up your good work!
ER: Cover Art per Genre
« on: November 07, 2004, 04:28:23 am »

Got an idea for a little enhancement request on cover arts, since this was bugging me for a while already.

I still have quite some music files where I did not add the cover art. So for the moment I do like to beautiful MC cover art, but better would be to display a cover art that matches the type of music that is playing.

So here my request. Display the cover art for the current genre playing. This would only happen if no cover art is found for the current song. The user could define his own cover arts for any genre, for example through playlists (similar to the Visualisation playlist for slide shows). So a user could define a playlist, let's say 'jazz-coverarts' and add the pictures for jazz into the playlist. Whenever a song without a coverart that is of genre "jazz" plays , one of the pictures from the jazz-coverart playlist would be selected and set to the current cover art.

Now this would really look nice when using MC as jukebox at the party, since the image on the screen would show the current mood, if now CD cover is available  :o

Thanks
Dom
Media Center 12.X/13.x
Handheld: IPOD 60GB, Creative Vision:M
Media Receiver: DLink DSM-320

BadDog

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
Re:ER: Cover Art per Genre
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 05:50:46 pm »

Good idea, anyone else agree?  When no cover art is associated with a partucular abum the default cover art is shown, the little MC blue thingy.  Where is that file located and can I just rename a different jpg file to its name so i can have a different default?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 07:05:22 pm »

No i don't like it.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 07:12:02 pm »

Good idea, anyone else agree?  When no cover art is associated with a partucular abum the default cover art is shown, the little MC blue thingy.  Where is that file located and can I just rename a different jpg file to its name so i can have a different default?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=23601
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 10:09:10 am »

Well, I like the idea of being able to associate a slideshow with a mood or genre.  I don't see a problem with allowing per-genre or mood default artwork but then I'm not an expert MC user (yet).  
Pages: [1]   Go Up