INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edit playing now, then hope for the best  (Read 748 times)

twherreman

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Edit playing now, then hope for the best
« on: November 08, 2004, 04:27:24 pm »

Hi
I DJ using MediaCenter. I can't seem to figure out how to reliably edit the list while I'm playing it. Meaning, assuming I'm playing a list called "Party". I go to Action Window and choose Build..., Edit Playing Now (or should I go to Build, Edit Existing and choose "Party"?) and I remove some tracks and drag and drop in new tracks (I've tried dropping in the big window on the right or the one called Playing Now; only one changes. Also, I can choose whether to play one or the other, should I drop it into the one that's playing). Then it's pretty much a crapshoot whether it will play the edited version or what was there before. There must be some way to do it, somebody please enlighten me. I'm playing for 200 people next week.
Thanks
Tine

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Edit playing now, then hope for the best
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 04:36:06 pm »

The key is that clicking Playing Now in the tree will ALWAYS show you exactly what is queued and playing.

Also, remember that Playing Now is its own list, so editing some other playlist like "Party Tunes" won't change the Playing Now list.

I know the latest Media Center 11 also does a good job of staying synchronized between the action window and the playing now list.  I'm not positive if there could be an MC 10 issue.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up