INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: media server question  (Read 798 times)

nyc-ink

• World Citizen
  • network admincomputers, dogs, tattoos
media server question
« on: November 20, 2004, 12:25:42 am »

Is it possible using media server to have the client machines playing the same files (at the same time) that the server machine is playing?  I would like to be able to pipe the same music throughout my home via my network.

thanks,
brian

PS: Got tha database problem from earlier fixed, after doing a reinstall on my laptops the database updated in about 20 minutes.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:media server question
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 04:34:52 pm »

Library server lets each client play their own separate song choices from the server's library.
The clients "pull" to select the content to be played.

The server doesn't "push" the content out like streaming radio.

You can use multiple zones within MC to play the same content to multiple places in the house.  Search this forum and the help file for specifics.

nyc-ink

• World Citizen
  • network admincomputers, dogs, tattoos
Re:media server question
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 05:42:45 pm »

Thanks for reply z.  I looked up zones in the help file and in the forums but this seems more geared toward multiple sound cards, I don't see anything about pushing over my network.  I know winamp has this feature as a plug in which enables one to log in via IP address for example a bud of mine spins ever thursday night and pushes his output over the web, example would be http://xxx.xxx.xx.xx:8080.  

I would like to be able to do this via my LAN, I would think it should be possible, actually I'm suprised it's not already.

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up