INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping problems  (Read 894 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Ripping problems
« on: November 17, 2004, 08:59:25 am »

There have been several reports of ripping problems lately. I've collected some of them here. Please post your system info if it's not in this thread already. Also, try creating a log file of the failed rip process and send the log file to me.
Here's the log file instructions:

Here are instructions for generating a log file of a ripping session:

Turn on MC's logging for CD ripping by changing the value of this registry key from zero (0) to one (1):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Jukebox\CD Ripper\Logger

(note: if you are using a different version, try substituting "Media Center 10" or "Media Center 11"
for "Media Jukebox" in the above registry location.)

Then just start up Media Center and try to rip a CD. Then exit MC and find a file in the MC program directory called

"cdripper.log" and email that to me. Remember that the log file is overwritten each time you start up MC, so you

must send the file before restarting MC. It's quite large so you may want to zip it before sending.

Thanks!
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
johnt @ jriver.com
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

Re:Ripping problems
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 09:00:49 am »

savkar wrote:
Don't know if this is a bug or a setup issue.

I was using MediaJukebox 9 up to now with no problems ripping from either of my drives.  I decided to upgrade to MediaCenter, and since then I cannot rip a single CD!

The symptoms:

(i)  Put in CD, YADB lookup, everything set and I select the right tracks for ripping.
(ii)  Hit "rip" and for a few seconds I see the message "initializing".  Then next thing I know, it indicates complete without having done anything!

I looked thru the forum and did not see anyone with this same issue, and I tried updating to the latest MC to try to fix things, with no change.

Is this a bug or simply a problem with setting up MC?

Sunil

JohnT

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 09:01:47 am »

LunchmeatVoom wrote:
This version cannot create output directories when ripping if the album name contains a "."

Media Center Registered 10.0.173 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1833 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 272 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /  Drive D: PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-106D  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D  Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 09:02:54 am »

kbrutlag wrote:

I've been testing with v9 a friend gave me to try out, and it's just what I was looking for.
Yesterday, I registered for this version.  Now when I try to rip a cd, the program stops responding.  I did notice that if I insert the CD after Media Center is running, at the bottom of the windows it says 'Gathering Files'.

I'm running W2K pro with the latest updates.  I have 2 DVD burners in the system (no CD-ROM), and use Nero with InCD quite frequently.

Any ideas??  I'm in the process of moving most my CD collection to HD so I can play it through my D-Link Media Lounge.

Thanks much
Pages: [1]   Go Up