INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request for V11/V10 -- additional rating field  (Read 1179 times)

lockeness

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Feature Request for V11/V10 -- additional rating field
« on: November 18, 2004, 10:58:56 am »

I am using V10 and asked this question regarding v10 and was told it was a no go.  I have created Album Rating, as well as a rating field for my wife.

I would like to be able to create additional rating fields that use the 5star interface.  My new rating fields are integer, 0-5, but I would like to use the star-rating interface rather than typing a #.  My wife complains, "why do you get the fancy stars and I have to type my ratings in?"  Fair question.

It would be cool and I would think not that hard to implement.  If this could be integrated into v10, that wouldbe great!

thanks

RobOK

• Citizen of the Universe
  • long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
Re:Feature Request for V11/V10
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 11:06:18 am »

or you could give your wife the star column and you use the numeric column!    ;)

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 11:46:41 am »

This has been requested so many times i've lost count. It can't be that hard to allow a custom field that has this star capabilty.

What are the alternatives in theis case ?

I'm not sure if v10 allows user logins, maybe 11 does. This would allow ratings to be kept relative to the user.

I'm not sure what else can be done if you want to rate music together.

Shadowen

• World Citizen
  • He was but a shadow of his former self...
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 03:54:43 pm »

You could also create two seperate libraries (referencing the same files on a common network share) so that you and your wife could have your own copy of everything (ratings, playlists, etc).

lockeness

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 04:05:01 pm »

understood.  i am just hoping that adding a "rating" type to the selection of field type is not the impossible dream.
Pages: [1]   Go Up