INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unassigned in Library view  (Read 995 times)

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
Unassigned in Library view
« on: November 17, 2004, 11:38:34 am »

I thought this was a bug in v.128 but now I'm not so sure.

When I go into Library view and just choose Audio, there is no Unassigned Genre showing. This is accurate, I have no songs that aren't assigned to a genre.

However, if I switch the view to ALL media, then I DO get an Unassigned Genre and if I open it, there are many albums (mostly classical) showing. The only things I have in MC are music and cover art. Now I do have a bunch of cover art that is not assigned to an album, so I could understand if there were a bunch of pictures in that Unassigned category, but in fact there are albums and artists and songs.

Is this a bug or a feature?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Unassigned in Library view
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 06:52:38 pm »

Just a guess, but do any of these files actually play or are they cda files?  It could be that you are seeing the database listings for the actual CDs that you ripped, rather than the ripped files themselves (and since they are separate, they might not be assigned to a genre).

I don't know how your View Schemes are set up, but I know I have my Audio top level scheme set up to filter CDA files out (because I don't usually want to see those listings).  However, if you are "viewing" music files outside of this filter, then they'll show up if they're in the library.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
Re:Unassigned in Library view
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 05:32:08 pm »

ah well, today I looked more deeply -- at the file level through the Browser and discovered that they are, indeed, image files that are not connected to albums.

I thought this was quite handy, actually since I know I have a lot of junk files in there (stuff that was downloaded that doesn't fit, duplicates, etc.). However, when I delete from this screen, it simply removes the picture from the view, it doesn't delete the actual file (and it doesn't ask me if that's what I want).

I wish it would bring up the usual delete dialogue where it asks if I just want to remove it from this view, remove the actual file from the hard disk or send it to the recycle bin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up