INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cuting long mixes into tracks  (Read 788 times)

cascius

• Galactic Citizen
Cuting long mixes into tracks
« on: November 19, 2004, 07:43:41 pm »

Hello everyone,

I've been making quite a few house/trance/... mixes using MixMeister and I now want to find the best way to create a track list for them. Basically those mixes are roughly 70 minutes long, and I'm wondering which software is best to find adequate spots to cut them into tracks. By adequate I mean so that there won't be any gaps between the tracks when burning them to a cd.

Thanks in advance,

-Cascius

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Cuting long mixes into tracks
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 01:15:40 am »

Doesn't MixMeister allow you to create cue points which could later be used to create a CUE file. I did this once in Wavelab and used a similar feature.

If not then you will have to make a cue file yourself. Its not too hard, just requires you to listen to when a transition occurs and make note of the time. Then make a cue sheet.

Burn the big mix (w.o splitting) with the cue file, using either MC11 or Nero. You will have track numbers which correspond to the cue points in the cue file, on your audio CD automatically.

This sort of process cant be automated accurately...as deciding when a track transitions is highly subjective.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re:Cuting long mixes into tracks
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 07:11:25 am »

And if you need to write CUE sheets you can find the whole CUE syntax and instructions from the links in this post: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23221;start=msg163689#msg163689.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up