INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request for next edition of Media Jukebox.  (Read 1433 times)

Dan20002

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Feature request for next edition of Media Jukebox.
« on: October 28, 2002, 05:26:34 am »

Media Juxebox is a wonderful product. As an owner of a PC and a Mac, Media Jukebox is by far the best mp3 player on the PC, the only comparable product in terms of features and usability is Apple's iTunes.

Note: I use Media Juke box with skins disabled, so my comments may only apply for this interface. I have not looked at MJ 9 Beta, so some features suggested here may be included in version 9.

1. My main GUI complaint is the 'playing now' view, -- it is very confusing. I would much rather the view stays in the currently playing category or playlist while playing. I would rather shuffle-play be performed by jumping randomly, rather then re-ordering the tacks into a 'playing now' view. For instance, I often want to reorder a playlist while listening, but once I start playing I jump into the "playing now" view, often without realizing it. I start to re-order the current view instead of the playlist.

2. Snap Pallets

A. Split the (A) Library, (B) Playlist and (C) Hardware into 3 separate pallets that can float or snap into the sides. Many windows application use this interface, such as Altova's XML SPY.

B. Snap-able floating play bar.

3. Rename and reorganize music files based on rules.

4. Update all tags and convert to IDv2

5. MPEG4 Playback & Encode plug-in (I'd pay an extra $10 to create ACC files)

6. Normalize entire library - does not re-encode files, but sets a user-adjustable volume for each track

7. An equalizer setting for each track

8. A more advance organization tool that allows for sorting by composer, and multiple genres, such as Classical, Baroque

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature request for next edition of Media Juke
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2002, 05:47:30 am »

Some of what you are asking for can already be done in version 8 (Replay Gain, renaming and organisation based on rules).  The more advanced organisation is available in V9 and the changes to the GUI have already been suggested in the V9 forum but are not going to be implemented this time.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Dan20002

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2002, 06:39:02 am »

Thank for your quick reply Adam. I am looking forward to upgrading to version 9.  

nila

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2002, 02:20:47 pm »

I personally LOVE the fact it reorders the playlist when put on random play. It means you can tell which file was just played and you can for instance click random play then re-order a few tracks. It gives a lot more power to it simply bouncing around randomly with no way of telling what it plans to play next or what it played last.

Dan20002

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2002, 10:22:14 am »

I can see how you would love this feature; it drives me crazy. How about a preferance for turning the playing now view off?

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2002, 03:33:00 am »

Try going to Settings->Options->General and turning off "Jump to Playing now during playback"

I keep it turned off generally since I can keep finding tracks and adding them, then just press Ctrl-W to see full screen visualisation when I'm done. I agree with Nila that it's nice to be able to see what's just played and what's coming up, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up