INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT - Trying to remember a singer  (Read 1229 times)

IanG

• Citizen of the Universe
OT - Trying to remember a singer
« on: November 20, 2004, 05:30:23 pm »

I'm trying to remember the name of a singer I once saw playing the role of The Narator in "Blood Brothers".  He was in the touring company that included Stephanie Lawrence and he'd sung in the band Rhode Island Red.

Does anyone know his name?

Ian G.

cascius

• Galactic Citizen
Re:OT - Trying to remember a singer
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 06:58:35 pm »

Ian, I do not know this band or movie but I might have a way for you to figure it out.

If you go to IMDB.COM, you will find all the cast and crew of that movie. There might be an entry for the narator part. Then go to allmusic.com and look up that band and see if the names match.

Good luck,

-Cascius

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 08:38:37 pm »

Blood Brothers - a good show, I remember seeing it in London. David Cassidy starred, believe it or not.

Anyway - From the playwright Willy Russells site : original narrator (on Broadway I believe) Andrew Schofield

1995 cast (inc Stephanie Lawrence)

From the Internet Broadway Database: Warwick Evans, Narrator

Does this help? Unfortunately, Blood Brothers is one of those popular shows that has had an  enormous number of performances worldwide, and soundtrack albums as well (look on amazon). Perhaps some info about the dates involved might help. Drew a blank on Rhode Island Red - other than poultry fanciers sites devoted to the state bird :)

IanG

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 02:22:28 am »

Thanks guys!  I'm not sure of the date - probably 1999, but it could have been 2000. And it was a touring production in the UK - that should narrow it down a bit because I don't think Stephanie Lawrence did much touring.

It's just occurred to me that I can contact the theatre and ask them!

David Cassidy?  Well, why not?  The current cast has Linda Nolan as the mother, and in many ways she's better than Stephanie Lawrence!

Ian G.

GaryW

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 03:28:07 am »

Ian

I've seen the show a few times both in London and touring.

The man you are thinking of is Mike Dyer.  He was in the touring show I saw in Eastbourne.  Can't recall him that much to be honest.

GaryW

IanG

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 04:31:04 pm »

Gary

Thanks very much - I've been trying to find his name for ages!  I can only imagine he had an off night in Eastbourne - he stole the show when I saw him!

Ian G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up