INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Playlist Drag'n'Drop?  (Read 730 times)

meehawl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Multiple Playlist Drag'n'Drop?
« on: November 20, 2004, 08:02:26 am »

So I now have several hundred playlists, pretty much all of which I want to to into a specific sub-folder.

Using the MC10 interface it seems that I can't click-drag (or click-shift-click) to select all of them but have to click-select each one individually and drag it to the sub-folder.

Does MC have a multipe object click'n'drag interface option? Am I missing something obvious? If it doesn't have it then it should!
Irish guy in San Francisco

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Multiple Playlist Drag'n'Drop?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 03:43:49 pm »

You can't.  Irritating, but there is sort of a reason why ...

You can't multiple select in the tree view, which is normal (you can't multiple select in any tree views in Windows typically).  In windows when you want to do this, you would select the folder that contains all of the items you want to select in the "Tree View".  Then in the Right Hand Pane (the List View) you can multiple select.  (Try it, open up Windows Explorer - aka My Computer - Click the "Folders" button to get a tree view - and try to select more than one item from the Pane on the left.  You can't!)

Unfortunately, when you select a "Playlist Folder" in MC, it lists the combined contents of the Playlists rather than a list of the Playlists themselves, so there is no way to get a list of all of the Playlists to show up in the List View (Right hand pane).

It is irritating that you have to Move/Copy them one at a time, but I'm honestly just glad that you can Move/Copy them by drag-dropping (it used to be that you had to recreate them manually to duplicate them!).  The only solution I can see would be to have an option to treat "Playlist Groups" differently from regular View Schemes and have them list the Playlists (or other Playlist Groups) in the List View (ala Windows Explorer) rather than the Files.  This would definately need to be an Option though, because people would scream if this was just changed outright.  I'd like to see the option though.  Then I could turn it on just for Playlist maintenance and leave it off most of the time.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up