INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need update for ape input plugin  (Read 1587 times)

LCtheDJ

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A day without music is... unacceptable!
Need update for ape input plugin
« on: July 10, 2003, 10:21:15 pm »

I checked for the latest ape input plugin for MJ8 and found 2.0.27.  Trouble is the one that installed with MJ8 is 2.0.28.  It looks like the plugins page needs to be updated.

While at it, could the ape input plugin be updated to support APEv2 tags?  Even when using the Winamp 3.98a1 input with MJ8, I can't read v2 ape tags with MJ8.

I'm still waiting for MJ to play well with others.  It seems JRiver does things their own way and is not compatible with the rest of the audio software community.  Can't we all just get along?
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -- American humorist Will Rogers (1879-1935)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Need update for ape input plugin
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 05:53:50 am »

Media Center 9 always has the latest and greatest APE support.  You'll have to upgrade from MJ 8 to MC 9 (or 9.1 beta).

Thanks LCtheDJ.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LCtheDJ

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A day without music is... unacceptable!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 01:21:33 pm »

Matt, I'm shocked by your reply.  Is that the official position of JRiver?  If I want support on the product I bought, I'll have to abandon it and buy the latest thing out the door?  MC is loaded with features I have no use for.  MJ8 is almost perfect for my needs; I just want it to do correctly what it was intended to do.

This policy makes me wonder how long support for MC9 will last until it too has to be tossed out and a replacement purchased.

In a weak attempt to keep functionality in MJ8, I have to ask: Will the MC9 plugins work in MJ8?
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -- American humorist Will Rogers (1879-1935)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2003, 01:56:54 am »

Matt, I'm shocked by your reply.  Is that the official position of JRiver?  If I want support on the product I bought, I'll have to abandon it and buy the latest thing out the door?

We aren't suggesting you have to purchase.  In any case, the upgrade could be free.  Check the license FAQ here for details.

Will the MC9 plugins work in MJ8?

In most cases, no.

I hope you'll understand that the area we work on is a fast moving target and we have limited resources.  If you want to be on the leading/bleeding edge, you may have to pay.
Pages: [1]   Go Up