INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Ratings Plugin  (Read 1687 times)

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Album Ratings Plugin
« on: November 19, 2004, 01:43:12 pm »

Was looking for some way to average individual track ratings and place the avg score for an album in a custom field called Album Score. Doing avg scroes by hand tends to get a bit old after a while.

The tracks would be placed in Playing Now, and the plugin would do its work.
For multi-CD albums, it would calculate the avg score for each CD. This gives some control over which albums to be rated etc. Similar to the way Kings Dupe master plugin works.

If any track ratings are missing, it would skip that album and move to the next till done.

I have no idea when JRiver will implement such a feature so thought i would ask here.

The idea behind an album rating is to be able to get best of lists across many variables.

For example.

Create a custom calculated field, Album Score - Album
make a view scheme , genre, album artist (auto), Album Score - Album

click on any of the artists and u see albums displayed in order of their rating.  Same with genre.

You get the idea. If you use the limit modifier you can get best of's quite easily.

So are there any takers ? (for v10 & v11)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re:Album Ratings Plugin
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 01:51:15 pm »

Similar to the way Kings Dupe master plugin works

Dupe Master?

I was making something to do raitings but i have been de-Railed for the last few months.

I have off this weekend, and the wife is working so maybe i will get something done.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 02:52:04 pm »

Similar to the way Kings Dupe master plugin works

Dupe Master?

I was making something to do raitings but i have been de-Railed for the last few months. I have off this weekend, and the wife is working so maybe i will get something done.

Many thanks king...

when i said similar to dupe master..i meant the way ..u send tracks to playing now ..to get hashed up.

This seems like a good way to get ratings done as well. User has control of what needs to be rated and is also responsible for which tracks to apply the plugin on.  (simplifies things a bit)

Ratings tend to change quite often..so one just has to send the tracks in there and the ratings will be recalculated in a jiff.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 09:49:25 am »

Some specs to think about.
  • Read in Playing Now list.

User makes sure the PN list is sorted by Album before running the Ratings Master plugin. Not sure if its possible to sort the PN list by album programatically within the plugin before rating starts.

An album will have a fixed name regardless of the amount of Album artists it might have.

• Read in Album Artist of Album.  

An album with 1 CD would have one album artist normally or be VA, a box set might contain more than one. Some way will have to be worked out to distinguish different albums with the same Album Artist that happen to come in sequence in the PN List.

• Get tracks associated with the Album Artist.
  • Check album is complete *and* all tracks are rated else skip to next album/album artist, append to error log which could be tabbed like the Dupe master plugin.
  • For the tracks the Album Artist is connected with, calculate an average rating to at least 2 digits after the decimal point (rounded up).
  • Save calculated average to  Album Score field for the tracks associated with that Album Artist.
  • Repeat till done.
This should take care of single CDs & box sets with different album artists, provided the Album name is the same for all tracks.

Hope you get time to look at this King.
Pages: [1]   Go Up