INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to clear last played time on iPod?  (Read 1149 times)

bvm

• World Citizen
How to clear last played time on iPod?
« on: November 30, 2004, 03:04:09 am »

From time to time, I find the iPod thinks it's played a bunch of tracks without me present to hear them*.  When it does this, I'd like to clear the "Last Played" field, so that playlists based on my recency of hearing a track are reasonably accurate.  MC lets me clear both Number of Plays (I wish I could just decrement it) and Last Played.  The former is no problem, since when MC synchs with the iPod, it increments MC's count by the iPod's and clears the iPod's count.  But Last Played doesn't work that way.  If I clear it in MC, then do a regular sync with the iPod, the iPod's more recent Last Played field overwrites MC's.  If I turn off the "Sync Data to MC" flag, this doesn't happen, but the value in MC also doesn't overwrite the one on the iPod.

I'm guessing I have to delete the tracks on the iPod and retransfer them.

* When does this happen?  There appears to be a bug in the Alpine KCA-420i interface, where it lets the iPod keep playing even after the ignition is turned off (I've had this happen twice).  Another time (at home), it looks like it woke up at midnight and played a playlist until the battery ran down.  When I plugged it in, the iPod's alarm was indeed set for midnight, but also to beep, not play a playlist, something that doesn't even work??.  A similar thing happened on another occasion -- it looks like it woke up and played, and when I next checked, the alarm was on.  I never set the iPod alarm.  Hmmm.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:How to clear last played time on iPod?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 05:38:01 pm »

bvm,

This can be changed in the future, but for now, delete the tracks. Sorry it is not automated.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up