INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: log of played songs  (Read 995 times)

marskid2

• Recent member
  • "
log of played songs
« on: November 28, 2004, 07:37:14 pm »

i am planning on using media center in my schools radio station.  according to FCC regulation, they must report a playlist of all their music, and submit it. (even though no one is ever going to care what a school's small radio station in NH plays)
i have thought that you could use the "recent playing now" function to create a list, but if you play a song more than once, the first instance is deleted from the list.  any possibility of making a playlist that is the exact order that all your music has been played?  or is there some tricky way of programming a smartlist that i havent figured out.  

thanks!
The following tale of alien encounters is true and by true I mean false. Theyre all lies, but theyre entertaining lies, and in the end isnt that the real truth?  The answer, is no.  

-The Simpsons

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:log of played songs
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 10:06:10 pm »

There should be a Recent Playing Now's playlist group in the Playlists hierarchy.  There is on mine anyway.  Its not inside the Music Smartlists section if that's where youre looking, its just inside Playlists.

I have no idea how to re-create it if you deleted it or if it's missing.  It does just what you want though and lists them by date and time.  You migh have to turn an option on to save them .... I don't think so though.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 07:26:20 am »

If you don't have it, Create a smartlist,

Right Click and Add Smartlist, (or press F9)
Under Smartlist Rule, Audio Top Hits, Listened to today.

However, if you play the same song twice, it will show the song once, with the last played date.
-

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 08:47:54 am »

If you don't have it, Create a smartlist,

Right Click and Add Smartlist, (or press F9)
Under Smartlist Rule, Audio Top Hits, Listened to today.

However, if you play the same song twice, it will show the song once, with the last played date.

I don't think this is the thing I am referring to.  Mine is not a smartlist, and songs certainly do show up multiple times if you play them more than once.  Mine is a Playlist Group not a Smartlist.  When you open it up, it lists a bunch of playlists named like "11/30/2004 9:44am" (for the "Playing Now" list that I started to play at that exact moment).  There's one for each of the past couple of days.

What I don't know about it is:  1) how you can control how long it saves these for (if this is possible), 2) how you turn this feature on and off.

It definately exists though, as I am looking at it right now.  Every time you double click on a song to play it it creates one of these lists (if the current Playing Now is replaced).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 12:53:39 pm »

Looking on the plugins pages, it seems that both RhinoBangas' Playing Now and mattsnuts' WritePlaying plugins allow you to write the current playing track to a file as it is played. This seems to be mainly so that people can put 'what Im listening to' stuff in blog pages, email signatures etc. Im not too familiar with either, so Im not sure if they have the ability to append records to a logfile or simply overwrite at each track change, but perhaps one or both will do the trick?
Pages: [1]   Go Up