INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cleared library, now I cant import again  (Read 952 times)

carlos23

• Change this by choosing profile
cleared library, now I cant import again
« on: December 03, 2004, 10:06:26 pm »

Hi,

I am using media center with meedio (i dont know if this matters, my problem is with M. center not meedio actually). Anyway, the problem is that I cleared the library in media center. Now I'm trying to import my files again and it doesnt work. I get to the message saying " importing your files", which shows 'searching' but it doesnt find anything. Of course I have mp3, in fact its the same dir I just deleted. I also tried other dirs (also with music) just in case but still the same 'files found=0'. I left this running for a long time, and still 0...

I cant cancel that dialog, I have to run task manager and kill it. I tried uninstalling media center and installing again but I still get the same results (no results). I changed nothing in the files (location, new files, etc) other than clearing the library. This is not the latest version, I think its 10.7something (dont have my htpc here). problem is I cant upgrade to the latest version yet because the plugin I'm using it with on meedio doesnt fully support it yet (and this version worked like a charm before I cleared the library). BTW this is not the first time I cleared the library and imported again, all the previous times I had no problems at all....

i've run out of ideas to try...Any help will be appreciated...thanks

edbro

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:cleared library, now I cant import again
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 10:16:23 pm »

I don't remember if ver 10 was the same but in ver 11 there is an option during import to ignore previously removed files.  If that is checked MC will not import any files that you have previously removed from your library.

carlos23

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 10:51:51 pm »

Thanks for the reply edbro. I dont see that option..I only see 'search in subdirs' and 'dont import smaller than..' . I'm home now and I checked my version number: its 10.0 (dont know if this info helps, but it cant hurt ;-)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 07:28:24 am »

make sure there is a check by the [X] mp3 box to import that media type

you can try an create a new library with a name "Music" and try again
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

carlos23

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 09:18:53 am »

Thanks KingSparta,

I created a new library called music. I set it location to c:\music (it promted me to create the dir, I said yes). After that I clicked on that same screen on 'load' (I guess that makes it use that library).

After that I tried to import again, making it import all files (I only have mp3, wma and some videos) just in case and it still doesnt find any file...my guess is that the library is corrupted for some reason, but if so the new one should work right? are those the steps needed to create a new library?
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up