INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request -- start/stop behavior of a song  (Read 829 times)

Rockinrob

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Feature request -- start/stop behavior of a song
« on: December 06, 2004, 08:04:33 pm »

Greetings MC Fanaticks,

I am a long-time MJ/MC user and have often wished for a feature but kept quiet untill now.

I would like to see an option to overide the standard start/stop behavior of a song.  For instance, for those special and unique songs, where there is hard ending or climatic beginning, I could over-ride my usual 4 second fade for this particular song, and opt for a gapless ending.  This way, I don't lose the fantastic ending/beginning to the song by fading out to the next before its completion.  The special beginning/ending of the song would be saved with the rest of the tag info and whenever that song is played, the special behavior would take precedent over the global setting.

For 70% of my song files, the global setting I have is perfect.  However, for the remaining 30%, it would be great if I could have a special start or stop.

Can anyone else find utility in this feature?

Thanks,
Rob Juneau

Laffer

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:Looking for feedback on a possible new MC Feature
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 08:58:21 pm »

Going back ages this is something I have asked for on multiple times but with more intelligent fucntionality.  As in a lot of CD's use gapless tracks.  I would want this when playing files as a CD (or even the two 'gapless' tracks together in a play list).

I would think this is possible but it is in the developers hands.  I am actually quite surprised that the gap info has not started to be stored by MC (in it's database) when ripping an entire CD.  After all MC does have various other types of album info available (at least I think it does) for example album replay DB value (so that passages that are very quiet or very loud are retained).

Anyhoo, I for one would like to see this feature added.

Laffer.

adamsp70

• World Citizen
  • Unwired for sound...
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 06:45:52 am »

I wanted something very similar - but not quite the same - here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=24803

No response though  :(

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 09:31:41 am »

I, too, would like to have a similar functionality.

It would be very nice to play my regular files (studio tracks) with a short gap between them.

But when there is a live track then to crossfade into the live track and crossfade out of the live track.

For this purpose i have a field in my library called [Performance] where "Live" is one of the choices.

Fred.
Pages: [1]   Go Up