INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod Rating Question  (Read 1283 times)

Seviien

• World Citizen
  • SteveG for President! :)
iPod Rating Question
« on: December 09, 2004, 05:12:19 pm »

Do the ratings in the iPod always overwrite what's in MC, even if you change the ratings in MC between synchs?  This is what I'm seeing.  Am i doing something wrong?

Seviien

• World Citizen
  • SteveG for President! :)
Re: iPod Rating Question
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 06:13:09 pm »

Steve, is this how its supposed to work?

mattsnuts

• Junior Woodchuck
  • that'll do
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 04:03:21 pm »

I think it depends on whether you choose Synchronise or Import data into MC.

I'm not sure either, that part of the interface was always confusing and ambiguous.

All I know is I lost 1500 song ratings while synchronising a month ago which I still haven't recovered.

-Matt
Listening to: 95bFm.com

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 12:00:17 pm »

Do the ratings in the iPod always overwrite what's in MC, even if you change the ratings in MC between synchs?

No.  MC keeps track of the time of the last synchronization. If you have 'Sync Data to MC' checked and you select 'Synchronization' and the rating is different on iPod (when compared to MC) and the last sync time is less than the last modified time on the file in MC, MC will update the rating with iPod's rating. If the MC file has been modified (any of the information, not just rating) since  the last sync, the rating from iPod will not transfer to MC.

Steve

PS.
Matt, please let me know if you verify that this is not the case. Your problem could have been related to you performing an action inconsistent with the above rules.
Pages: [1]   Go Up