INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod problem  (Read 1930 times)

MMOZ

iPod problem
« on: January 21, 2006, 02:36:37 pm »

I am brand new to MC and am having trouble with my iPod.  As I understand it, to upload music to my iPod, I need to click the "Handheld Player" in the Action Window.  But when I do it, it says "no handheld available".  But my iPod is showing up under Drives & Devices / My Computer. 

Hopefully I am just missing something very simple.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks! 
Mark

johnp

• World Citizen
  • let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'
Re: iPod problem
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 09:56:10 pm »

I thinkk you may need to initialize it before MC will recognize it.  I don't have an iPod handy to try it out, but I thnk it is a context menu option.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 06:57:31 am »

Also if it's a largo iPod (60gb), it takes a while before MC lets you do anythign with it.  It seems to be reading the iPod, and for me that takes about 3 minutes or so.  Try waiting a bit to see if it becomes useable.
pretend this is something funny

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 07:27:15 am »

Also if it's a largo iPod (60gb), it takes a while before MC lets you do anythign with it.  It seems to be reading the iPod, and for me that takes about 3 minutes or so.  Try waiting a bit to see if it becomes useable.

Really? It take me about 30 seconds for MC to kick back in.

-

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 04:20:48 pm »

Wow!!  How I wish that were the case for me.  Truth is, I'm running a 1.6ghz Dell laptop with 512 RAM, on a 60gb hard drive, and MC takes way too long to do almost everything.

Selecting the video or music section from the tree from just about anywhere takes at least 30 seconds to display.  I'm planning on being back in the US in a couple of months, and will probably build a new machine, so I'm hoping a fresh build/install will help with the almost unbearable slowness I experience.  oh well, at least it works right?
pretend this is something funny

lOth

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 05:18:06 pm »

maybe we should start comparing:

Athlon 2400+, 512Mb Ram, 40gb iPod photo through firewire: a little more than 1min. of MC hanging for me.

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 04:09:36 am »

Hey, i just have discovered this thread. I'm seeing serious performance probs with my 3G (aka Dock Connector) iPod, connected via USB2 ("dedicated" USB port, no hub) to my P4/2Ghz/512MB. Additional details can be found in the "Media Center" forum, in the "Addict: MC 11.1 iPod Issue" and "iPod problem" threads.

Currently, i'm using MC 11.1.92, and there are no serious "slowdowns" with this build. I have the feeling that the effect may be connected to the number of smartlists (or playlists) on the iPod. I'm using _a lot_ of them, and recent MC builds seem to perform better after deleting all the lists, although it still "feels" much slower than 11.1.92.

Are there any users out there with 500+ playlists on the iPod?
Pages: [1]   Go Up