INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plugin Request  (Read 1306 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Plugin Request
« on: December 25, 2004, 01:58:59 am »

Hi all,
Wondering if this would be possible in a plugin:

I have cover art for almost all of my albums now. However, over time I have renamed files, genres etc. This is no problem, the cover art remains linked.
But what if something were to happen to my files! Sure I could re-rip them and have music again, but the "Quick find in cover art folder" would be useless for linking the cover art because all of the image filenames remain named in a different fashion, or my music files contain different characters, or captials etc that are different to the way the image files are named.

And recently I have started putting in some of my old CDs into my drive, and though the cover art is available for these cds (its all in the cover art folder) a I never bothered to find cover art for the CDs before (only the mp3s that i ripped them to)  "Quick find cover art in folder" yeilds poor results to say the least.

So my Request:
A plugin that would read the artist name, and album name ignoring capitals and with a "loose" setting that would ignore other special characters and find a "near match" and then ask me if that is the right image for "x" album. Something like what MC does now when it looks on the internet, but in this case it would only look in the cover art folder.

And a possible extra feature: You could tell it to rename all image files to certain conventions (ie [artist] - [album]). This would allow you to periodically make sure that everything is named right.

And one more feature: (possible?) It would have the ability to delete, or ask you if you want to delete, any remaining images that arent linked to any files.

Possible? It would make my day to see something like this.
Thanks and Happy New Year,
Bri

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Plugin Request
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 07:47:19 am »

if you put the art in the album folder as folder.jpg then i have a plugin that will do that.

it also will take your currently linked file and put it in the folder as folder.jpg
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re: Plugin Request
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 11:53:08 pm »

But then when I rename "files from properties" for my mp3s, say for example to change their location after I change the genre or something, won't the folder JPG be left behind? I would have to maually go to the old folder and move it to where the album has been moved to, wouldnt I?

Also, don't know why, but I feel its tidier to have all the images in the same place. Just wish that MC was a bit more intelligent at guessing which image belonged to which album in my library.

All my cover art images contain the artist name and the album name, albeit sometimes missing a capital letter, puntuation mark, or some other minor difference. I wish there were a "loose" setting for "Quick look in Cover art folder". :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up