INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tracks not submitting to Audioscrobbler via MC  (Read 2661 times)

wrafter

• Recent member
Tracks not submitting to Audioscrobbler via MC
« on: December 16, 2004, 04:22:26 pm »

Folks, another problem, another post.

(At least my MC is not crashing because of AS now...)

No updates are appearing on my profile, despite having the plugin installed (v0.2), I have the plugin switched on. I am getting "Handshake Successful".

I'm running MC 10.0.16

In plug window I am seeing:
>Logging into Audioscrobbler
>Handshaking: Client up to date
>Handshake Successful
>Submitting Song Blah Blah Blah
>Submission Failed: Bad authorization

And that's it. Can anyone advise me as to what's going wrong?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tracks not submitting to Audioscrobbler via MC
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 12:58:48 pm »

J River Does Not Make This Plug-In

Audioscrobbler Support Site
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

wrafter

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 01:41:27 pm »

I understand that KingSparta, and thank you for your reply.

But this forum section is called "Third Party Plug-ins, Programs, and Skins" and therefore, though I don't expect JRiver themselves to solve the problem, I think I'm not out of order asking my question here in the hope that someone will have had a similar experience to me.

Further, I'm aware the plugin writer frequents these here parts on occasion, and am hoping to catch his attention, if no one elses.

Thanks.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 02:19:13 pm »

All i am saying is you may get better support if you go to the source

His support is located here

http://www.audioscrobbler.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

wrafter

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 02:39:21 pm »

Understood KingSparta, but I've posted there too, but with little response, so I'm spreading my bets so to speak!

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 03:01:58 pm »

I see

I never played with that plug-in, no clue to what it even does other than send info on what a user is playing.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

wrafter

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 03:15:33 pm »

It does that. But a few other neat things. Like it shows me what's the most popular band in the world. Or most popular song. Or most popular band or song in my home country, Ireland. It finds the person or people out there with the most similar music taste to me, and I can befriend them should I choose to do so, or just look at the other bands they're listening to so that I can check them out as well. You can form groups of likeminded people, which can be interesting.

And thereafter, the basics, like seeing what you yourself like to listen to the most, and what tunes you listen to the most, as it's not something we're probably ever really sure of. It's nice.

wrafter

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004, 08:12:45 pm »

Still no response over at casa audioscrobbler, so I'm doing a bouncey bounce here!

wrafter

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2004, 08:27:39 pm »

I solved it. Alone. By myself. Without assistance. Without response. Without prompting, conferring, tears, hair-pulling or bribery. I thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2004, 08:30:24 pm »

I solved it. Alone. By myself. Without assistance. Without response. Without prompting, conferring, tears, hair-pulling or bribery. I thank you.
You got a very good response from KingSparta above, and if you'd like to help someone else, you might post the solution here.

meehawl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2005, 02:35:52 pm »

All i am saying is you may get better support if you go to the source

His support is located here

http://www.audioscrobbler.com

The MC forum on AudioScrobbler site is as good as dead.

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/forum/8613

I've tried re-installing the MC plugin a few times, even with a clean MC install. No go. It handshakes successfully, submits a song or two, then craps out for all subsequent submissions with "Bad Authorization". If I re-login then it works, but again only for a song or two. It's a flaky plugin, obviously a lot less mature than those for the other major platforms, and I think it's also abandonware by now.

Does anyone know if another MC plugin does AudioScrobbler submissions like, for instance, PlayingNow? I saw a reference on their forums to "testing this is beta" but nothing since. I think it's still in beta.

You know, AudioScrobbler is lucky enough to be in a major "Friendster-like" growth curve at the moment. The sweet spot of the network effect. Integrating AudioScrobbler support into MC as a core functionality (perhaps as part of a "publish playing now to web services option") would get a lot of good publicity...
Irish guy in San Francisco

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2005, 02:56:52 pm »

You're still barking up the wrong tree though.  We can't do anything about it.  Please contact the Audioscrobbler author.  It's a nice feature, but there have been many problems with it that you could find with a search here.

meehawl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005, 08:26:39 pm »

You're still barking up the wrong tree though.  We can't do anything about it.  Please contact the Audioscrobbler author.  It's a nice feature, but there have been many problems with it that you could find with a search here.

I'm not barking up anyone's tree! I did do those searches. I have also contacted the author of the plugin, and of the PlayingNow plugin. ANd also AudioScrobbler itself, to advise it that the MC plugin is a bit of stinker. AS operates this weird policy of preferring only one plugin per software or platform be extant at any one time.

I'd think that asking about the capabilities of third-party plugins and people's experiences with same in a forum entitled "Third Party Plug-ins, Programs, and Skins" is somewhat on-topic.

Secondly, I'm honestly sorry you don't think that enhancing MC's support for probably the current "hottest" music networking service since Napster is worth at least a smidgeon of consideration. As we move into a generally "always-on" world, the ability to share musical playlists and preferences in real-time, and do collaborative filtering, seems to me to be de rigeur for modern media software.

I see services like AudioScrobbler in the same position that CDDB, sorry, Gracenote, was around 1995. Nice-to-have, but not essential. Yet. Yet who today would take jukebox software seriously if it wasn't able to connect to Gracenote or FreeDB or similar out of the box?
Irish guy in San Francisco
Pages: [1]   Go Up