INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion: Theater View navigation  (Read 659 times)

lockup

Suggestion: Theater View navigation
« on: December 17, 2004, 11:22:23 am »

I'm trying to set up access to my MP3 library on a 800x600 touchscreen. To date, MC11 theater view has proved to be the most effective thing I've tried.

I've got a few wibni's though. I tend to play by album above everything else. It's a challenge getting a single click interface to swiftly navigate through to a single album in a library of 1000s.

The View Scheme concept is cool, but I'd like to specify properties of the component stages of the scheme that could enable different behaviour in Theater View.

For instance when listing

A
   B
   C
   D

etc. all I want to do on a click is go down to the next level. Similarly, I don't need any more info displayed, so why not fill out horizontally, eg.

A  B  C  D
  E  F  G  H
  I   J...

Secondly, I've had to disable the full screen visuals because I can't see a simple way to return to Theater View. I suppose ideally I would like to have CLICK PLAY -> full screen and then CLICK ANYWHERE -> theater view now playing. It seems as if the different views are quite independent which although understandable, makes things tricky when you can only left click "somewhere near there".

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere. I did search!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Suggestion: Theater View navigation
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 12:16:14 pm »

Switch from "List" to "Thumbnail" style in Theater View and you'll see a grid instead of a list. (and it'll look nicer assuming you have cover art)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lockup

Re: Suggestion: Theater View navigation
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 02:05:02 pm »

True, but then it displays all the album covers whatever (I think). If it just displayed the letters (in the A-Z example) you could get the whole alphabet on the screen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up