INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Title of the current playing track in the title bar of the active window  (Read 1549 times)

negopus

• Galactic Citizen
  • Negopus: negotium, otium et opus

I often use Media Center as an audio player in background while using other Windows programs.

I would like to see the title of the current playing track in the title bar of the active window, like the “Titlebar Info” plug-in for Winamp.

There is no plug-in that does just that. WritePlaying and Playing Now do not fit. I thank imjustagamer very much for suggesting me www.truelaunchbar.com, that does something similar to what I need with its Media Center plugin.

I’ve taken a look at it, but I find it really bloating, overwhelming, excessive. It does not fit the minimal requirements I have: just display the title of the current playing track in the title bar of the active window, clean and simple. If you want to have the title if the current track always visible (in Media Center plugin), you need to rise the Windows task bas to two units height in order to use the Media Center plugin, and even so the track title isn’t fully visible (it’s truncated).

So a plug-in should be developed. I stopped system-level developing about ten years ago, I have other priorities in my life, and I miss time for such an effort. Also, Media Center plug-in developing is little documented. So the initial effort is even harder.

I’m asking you if there is a quick way to implement such a plug-in. Can an initial sketch be built without coding, with something like tools/utilities/macros?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Title of the current playing track in the title bar of the active window
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 12:23:40 pm »

what about RhinoBanga's playingnow plug-in?

I am not into editing INI files so i don't use it, but it does a nice job when i played with it.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

edbro

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 12:37:31 pm »

Using Powerpro, I have the current track display in a bar on my screen. I can also show it in an transparent OnScreen Display with a hotkey. It is actually very easy to do.

edbro

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 12:44:02 pm »

Here is a shot of it doing what you asked for. I added the current time of day to the label.

Pages: [1]   Go Up