INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug - Ellipsis (...) in Folder Name  (Read 1122 times)

jlar310

• Recent member
Bug - Ellipsis (...) in Folder Name
« on: January 20, 2005, 03:01:01 pm »

I just tried to import the Beatles "Let It Be... Naked" into MJ 10.173. When attempting to use Rename Files from Properties to move the files, it always failed quietly. The DB would be updated so it would think that they were in the folder \Music\Beatles\Let It Be... Naked, but the files never got moved. So MJ wound up thinking the files were missing.

After repeated attempts, I finally tried removing the ellipsis (the three dots) from the album name and then everything worked fine. Hard to believe this bug hasn't come up before.

Jeff

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bug - Ellipsis (...) in Folder Name
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 03:23:59 pm »

Hard to believe this bug hasn't come up before.

This has come up before.  Many times, in fact. :P

Admittedly, though, I can't seem to figure out the best keywords to use in the forum's search utility to find all the applicable threads. :(  (I just don't have time to sift through the 250+ hits I always seem to get.)

Maybe someone else will remember and will comment. :)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bug - Ellipsis (...) in Folder Name
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 05:18:39 pm »

I just tried to import the Beatles "Let It Be... Naked" into MJ 10.173. When attempting to use Rename Files from Properties to move the files, it always failed quietly. The DB would be updated so it would think that they were in the folder \Music\Beatles\Let It Be... Naked, but the files never got moved. So MJ wound up thinking the files were missing.

After repeated attempts, I finally tried removing the ellipsis (the three dots) from the album name and then everything worked fine. Hard to believe this bug hasn't come up before.

Jeff

Improvements have been made in MC11, Upgrade
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up