INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10 License expired  (Read 1687 times)

simplelife

• nothing more to say...
Media Center 10 License expired
« on: January 30, 2005, 11:41:21 am »

Please, I'd like to be blinded by the light...of understanding how this is happening, yet again:

-6_18_04: Was unexpectedly required to upgrade to Media Jukebox v8 as a result of being totally denied access to the program I had already paid for, by the very  program. Was issued Media Jukebox8-8514.mjr, as my installation key. Which was not contained in the email, as stated in the email. I was required to use 2 restore points to obtain a valid key.
-6_19_04: Decided to explore functions in Media Center v10 and purchased upgrade for $14.98. Issued  Installation Key: Media Center10-43437.mjr.
-1_29_05: Media Center v10 seems to think that it is not owned by me; I even suspect that MC is beginning to believe it actually has a choice as to whether it will open for the master, or not.
-- When I use the  Media Center10-43437.mjr installation key, it repeats the assertion my license key has expired.
-- Note: the license expired screen indicates the version of the player is v7, a version long ago taken away from me via the small print. Since then, every vestige of that version has been removed (supposedly) via Registry First Aid + deleting files + Add/remove utilities.

My questions are:
1) Why has my MC v10 license suddenly expired?
2) Why is the referring license expired screen referencing v7?
3) What is the name and typical location of the file and/or files that trigger the denial of access by the owner?
4) Where in the license agreement specifically do I give permission to deny me access to a program that I have already paid for?
5) Why do installation keys spoil?
6) Through no fault of your customers, why are 'restore' of licenses/keys limited in quantity?
7) If I so chose to keep my current version of MC v10 forever, never wanting or needing any upgrade, what is that process that gives me this right?

thx-

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Media Center 10 License expired
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 12:30:37 pm »

Sorry you're upset. The installation keys do expire after 14 days. You can get a new one at the restore page. More information is available here:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/purchase.html

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up