INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: one pc - two pods  (Read 1446 times)

kpod

• Recent member
one pc - two pods
« on: December 20, 2004, 03:06:58 pm »

Hi,
using MC / MJ from version 7, having started to sync my first 5 gb pod with MC 2 years ago this actually is my very first posting in this forum  :)

So what's the challenge?
I just got a new ipod photo 40 GB - my wife owns a 3G 20 GB. Created different playlist groups for each of us containing dynamic smartlists for different purposes based on ratings, play counts, import dates and so on. Whereas I like to modify and experiment with my playlists often, my wife just  wants to sync the same dynamic sets every time.  So she's really looking for a one-click-sync approach for HER ipod. I found an auto-sync feature but in my understanding it only works with one handheld (in fact I didn't succeed with it at all).

I think the combination n ipods - one MC library is not that exotic anymore.

Would it be complicated to identify the connected iPod (by volume name or hardware ID) and to remember the last set of playlists synced with it? We would really appreciate this: You click on Synchronize and get the right playlsists for your personal gadget. 

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: one pc - two pods
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 09:40:23 am »

kpod,

Welcome to the forum. 

in fact I didn't succeed with it at all).

What version of MC do you have?

Created different playlist groups for each of us containing dynamic smartlists for different purposes based on ratings, play counts, import dates and so on.

If you have different individual groups, whenever you sync just change the group selection from yours to hers or vice versa. It should be one click.

Having said that, I see your point and sometime I can make this more elegant for the two ipod family :).

Steve

kpod

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 04:38:41 pm »

Steve,
I'm currently staying with MC 11.140 (went back from .149 due to sync problems, ipods were not recognized anymore).

Thanks for taking this into the wish list (as well as the anounced photo sync feature :-) )  .

Klaus

Ducati

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 04:48:28 pm »

I'd like to second this feature.
I have a 20GB 4G and my wife has a mini.  I sync ~15 playlists for 13GB of music. She syncs 3 playlists for 2GB of music.  When either of us syncs after the other, we need to un-select the other's playlsts and re-select our own. (I don't mind so much, but it is tedious for my wife).

I can almost see this a 'Preferences' file for each iPod with several settings:
-Playlists to sync
-Replay Gain settings
-Autosync with MC (while connected)
-Auto-disconnect (after sync)
-MP3 conversion settings
etc.

Pages: [1]   Go Up