INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ipod Play Ratings and Conversion?  (Read 1210 times)

ocenter

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Ipod Play Ratings and Conversion?
« on: December 21, 2004, 07:26:21 pm »

Hi,
 Most of my new files are in ogg and flac format. My question is after I do the conversion and they are on the ipod and say I rate them, will this rating sync back to the original flac file on MC11 when I plug it back in and sync w/MC? Will the number of times played also transfer back to the original file?
You guys have some great software here and this forum has been a great help to me. Keep up the good work! ;D

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ipod Play Ratings and Conversion?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 07:53:15 am »

ocenter,

In the synchronization 'Options' there is a check for 'Sync data to PC'. With this enabled, number of times played and ratings information will come back to MC if the files have been modifed on the iPod since the last sync and if the files were not modified more recently in MC.

Steve

ocenter

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 03:45:56 pm »

Thanks Steve for replying back. So MC11 sees no difference between the song in mp3 format on your ipod and flac on your system when synched back? Thanks. I had a bunch of Dave Matthews in mp3 and flac but i was afraid to delete the mp3 versions for fear that the flac converted songs wouldn;t keep their ratings and playcounts when synched back to MC11.
Thank you again

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 11:57:23 am »

ocenter,

In regards to synching the ratings back from iPod, please get MC 11.0.162 which will be available shortly. Prior builds may not have synched the information back into MC correctly.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up