INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.160 Alpha Available  (Read 865 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.160 Alpha Available
« on: December 22, 2004, 03:24:19 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110160.exe

Recent Changes

11.0.160 (12/22/04)

1. Fixed: Synchronization issues with Portable Devices.
2. Changed: Tree / view splitter can be manually moved when in tree auto-sizing mode.
3. Fixed: Custom "Ripping Complete" sounds were not being played.
4. Fixed: Toolbar's "Show text" option was not working properly.
5. Fixed: In some cases, disabled commands could still be executed with keyboard shortcuts.
6. Fixed: Paste, delete, rename, and a few other commands could get routed to unfocused windows when then focused window didn't handle them -- causing unexpected results.
7. Fixed: In some cases, paste or drop operations could show a menu with 'Cancel' as the only choice.
8. NEW: Library Server, TiVo Server and UPnP Server update playcounts and last played times.

11.0.159 (12/21/04)

1. Fixed: Portable Device not always appearing in tree bug.
2. Fixed: iPod refresh after initialization bug.

11.0.158 (12/21/04)

1. Fixed: Audio playback could fail on some systems.

11.0.157 (12/21/04)

1. Fixed: Showing some menus could show an "invalid argument" error dialog.
2. Fixed: Display's bottom bar didn't have a left button.
3. Fixed: Portable Device right click tree item bugs based on incorrect path bugs corrected.

11.0.156 (12/20/04)

1. Fixed: Custom View > Thumbnail Spacing settings were not working properly.
2. Fixed: Playlist / Playing Now views wouldn't update after view setting changes until leaving and coming back.
3. Fixed: Display bars would never disappear on mouse inactivity if the cursor wasn't over the display.
4. Changed: Foreign characters (which caused iPod files to not play) are replaced with '_'.
5. Fixed: Portable device progress could sometimes report as a negative value.
6. Fixed: Portable device m3u creation handles CR/LF correctly for all devices.
7. NEW: Redesigned playback display system that allows track info, cover art, etc. to be displayed during playback of all file types.
8. Changed: List item selection extends across the entire row in a list control.
9. Fixed: Viewing a non-burning CD drive could cause MC to display unneeded error messages.
10. Fixed: Some MRU menu commands would not work properly.
11. Fixed: Toolbar text mode setting would not always work / save as expected.
12. Fixed: Some standard accelerators better handled when in-place editing with MC. (F4 opens combo, ctrl/shift left or right, etc.)
13. Fixed: Searches with sorting wouldn't always work properly when other searches were added to them. (with the panes, etc.)
14. Changed: ~mix uses exact ratios instead of random approximates. (so 75% / 25% of 20 always returns 15 / 5)
15. Fixed: Changing playback zones while viewing Playing Now wouldn't properly update the display to the new zone's display.
16. Fixed: Right-click > Locate items were not working properly.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
  • Support for ATI HDTV card

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 11.0.160 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 03:56:34 pm »

Have installed 160, when I right click on my iPod and select Synchronize I just get a MC message box "The Parameter is incorect" with an OK button.

If I select the Handheld Player from the bottom of the action panel, then click Synchronize I can start the sync.

Have just done sync but the playlist still doesn't appear on the iPods menu, nor do the files if I browse via artist.

[added:] I still have a blank line as my first playlist on the iPod, could this be causing the problem?

[another update] Have rebuilt DB from iPod and now the "incorrect parameter" message has gone... wierd! 
Done another sync, files all seem to go through OK, but playlist/files don't show in iPod in MC.  Blank playlist on iPod has been removed.
Exit/restart MC, do another Sync of same playlist, sends files again but still not showing in MC or on iPod, but have been copied if I browse the iPod in explorer.  Exit/restart MC again, now files are showing in MC, AND they and the playlist are on my iPod !!!!!

Tried to sync same playlist again, MC DOESN'T re-send the files - THANK YOU!!!

I also note that when I go to do a Sync the space availabel after sync shows the total capacity of my IPod not the free space.

Still a few issues I think, but getting MUCH closer.  Thanks Steve!

Richard

sherbs

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 05:06:30 pm »

Can't change modes by clicking mode icons.

If I click on Video in the tree I get a message saying failed...

Just ran MC again to get the right wording but it's not happening now. Anyway, the first message was something about failing to load something followed by another message saying something about file associations failing and then MC disappears. Happened a few times.

Still can't change mode via icons.

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 05:07:57 pm »

Richard,

There are problems with intitiating the sync via the right-click iPod option with this build. I just fixed them and we will post the update shortly.

Thanks,
Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up