INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recently Playing Now playlist  (Read 800 times)

PushiTooL

• Junior Woodchuck
Recently Playing Now playlist
« on: January 01, 2005, 01:15:12 am »

Anyone know what makes this playlist appear all of a sudden? Or, more to the point, is there any way to disable it altogether?

Thanks. Matty.

PushiTooL

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Recently Playing Now playlist
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 01:53:48 am »

Yeah I was referring to the playlist, 'Recent Playing Now's'. I was just curious as to whether it can be 'turned off' because I'm running out of ideas as to why my database is struggling so. It's a long story (which I've read out in full before), but to cut it short, I lose a bunch of my file property changes (as in I've altered the properties in the Media Library, rather than the id3 tags) when I 'Import Media'. A few thousand files revert back to their original tags after importing new media.

So currently I need to backup my library before each time I import media. Then, after importing (which btw takes over an hour), I have to save the "Recently Imported" to an .mpl file and restore my old library, then import the recentlyimported.mpl to that library.

These problems (the tags/properties and slow importation) started occuring as soon as I hit 35000 files. I had the problem in the past as well, when i had 25000+ files, but all was back to normal possibly when it got to 30000.

Btw, once I cancelled during the 'importing media' stage, and all my file properties were fine, so I thought maybe the action at the end of the importing, where it auto takes me to a 'recently imported smartlist' within the media library and a 'recent playing now's' playlist appears, had something to do with my tag/properties problem.

10 points to anyone who understood the above  :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up