INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will I have trouble using Creative Labs Zen Xtra 40GB MC 10.0.173/  (Read 2220 times)

BadDog

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!

Using MC 10.0.173 will a Crative Labs Zen Xtra 40GB work without grief?  Does the Zen Xtra appear in Drives and Devices as a hard drive letter or a handheld and what is the differance as I have no experience with either? 

I see there is a plugin for the Zen Xtra but see some post's about trouble and the problems being fixed in 11.xx.  I really did not want to upgrade to 11 as 10 is doing just fine for all I need now.  I tried downloading the Zen Xtra plugin to see what it does etc. and get a message of Invalid Package File. Cannot continue.

All I want to be able to do is transfer 40 gb without locking up or other strange behaviour.  If the ZEN appears in Explorer as a drive then this is a moot point.

Anything else I should know?

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
Re: Will I have trouble using Creative Labs Zen Xtra 40GB MC 10.0.173/
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 04:39:42 pm »

My Xtra is working fine in MC11, so is my wife's NX.  My Xtra also worked fine in MC10.  If you install the Creative Nomad Explorer software, the Zen will show up as a device (not a drive) in Windows Explorer and you can drag files to it.  MC's easier to use to manage what's on the Zen, IMO.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 04:48:53 pm »

Thanks Nolonemo.

Steve

BadDog

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 05:41:41 pm »

OK, cool thanks for the reply.  Unit is on the way and I will play with it before asking other ?'s.  I need to make this kid proof since my 12 year old will be handling the downloads.  I bet he knows more about this stuff than me!

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 04:55:48 pm »

OK, cool thanks for the reply.  Unit is on the way and I will play with it before asking other ?'s.  I need to make this kid proof since my 12 year old will be handling the downloads.  I bet he knows more about this stuff than me!

One more thing, if you're going to be actively managing what's on the Zen (i.e., the Zen contains a subset of your main music library on the PC and you're frequently changing what is on the Zen), Larry has come up with a pretty slick solution:

http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/Larry_Little_iPod_Management_MC.html

abd4evr

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 03:45:53 am »

I just got a Zen Xtra 40G and have not been able to load anything onto it.  Running MC 10.0.173 on WinXP pro, using Nomad Jukebox 9.0.32 plugin.  Get an error message when click on handheld that it is a plugin for other than v10, but it seems that that is the only plugin available...

When I try to convert and load, it takes quite awhile, and when it "finishes," nothing is changed on my Zen.  I'd love to keep it all in MC...

BadDog

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2004, 06:18:35 am »

abd4ecr,
Maybe you should start a new thread on this with appropiate subject line.  You may get more views and responses than with my general question.
Tim T.

abd4evr

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2004, 01:16:07 pm »

Thanks for the hint.

Actually in the middle of the night, just figured out the problem- when I downloaded the plug-in, I must not have selected the proper version- it now works fine.  Just put about 500M of stuff onto my zen...

Hope yours works well too!
Pages: [1]   Go Up