INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More than one Artist in the field  (Read 1158 times)

qwert73

• Recent member
More than one Artist in the field
« on: December 21, 2004, 04:45:17 pm »

When i write two artist in the artistfield i see in the artistpane something like that: "Usher; Alicia Keys". Is there a possibility in Mc 10 that in the pane the artist are displayed seperated?? And if so: does it work for other fields too??

qwert73

• Recent member
Re: More than one Artist in the field
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 10:17:17 am »

Does nobody wants to help me? :'(

scthom

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2004, 11:00:04 am »

I see where my new Squeezebox has that capability :-)

However, my 10.X version doesn't do it.  Not sure about the 11.X versions.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 04:40:06 am »

Currently, the only way you can do this in both MC 10 & 11 is to create a new custom field (like "Artists" or something) and set it to list (semicolon delimited) as opposed to string. You can then use this new field to browse for artists.

Unfortunately, MC doesn't let you alter the fields built in to the program (or am I wrong here?). It'd be great if we could set "Artist" to list as opposed to string. I would much rather view artists singularly than see massive lists of Artist 1; Artist 2 etc.

The Illest Villain

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2004, 12:32:04 pm »

What you could do, if the song is on Usher's album, is to tag the field artist "usher" and the title (feat. Alicia Keys)

-the illest villain

qwert73

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2004, 06:58:01 pm »

Thanx for your help!  :) I think I'm going to create a new field called "artist (list)". It's easy in MC to copy the field "artist" to the new field and they are already delimited by a semicolon.

[until the release of MC 11 in february I hope that there will be the possibility in the options-tree&view-columns to have more control over the columns. you are right, darichman!: also other fields should be handled as a list. Sometimes a song belongs to more than one  genre.  An older wish of mine was to define where a column is stored in the tag: User defined frame, multiple comment frame ore predefined frame (f.e. for label "Tpub"-frame) (label is stored in the comment frame, but i have already tagged mp3s with the frame "Tpub" and it is much work to copy the value to the commentfield). my idea is to put under the "store in tag if possible" checkbox an option between this three possibilitys.]

By the way:  i don't know MC for a long time and i love it :) :) :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up