INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: user defined library fields  (Read 1126 times)

topgunn

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
user defined library fields
« on: July 07, 2005, 06:34:45 pm »

I'm trying to difine a user field to hold the values from 0 to 100.  I thought the field type integer might work but that type doesn't seem to like 0 as a value.  Must I go to a string value? Really don't want to do that being an old programmer, but if that is the answer then I'll deal with it.  Isn't it possible to include 0 as a valid value with the type integer? Thanks

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....
Re: user defined library fields
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 01:00:38 am »

Hi,

You're right, the value 0 (integer) or 0.0 (decimal)  or 0% (percentage) is similar to a blank value (empty field) in MC. So if you really want to show 0 it really looks like you need to use the type String.
In fact I never noticed this behaviour before I tested it today.

Have a good day

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

lambert282

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 02:54:12 am »

Perhaps you could use 0.1 instead of 0.  What are you trying to do exactly?

topgunn

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 01:17:45 pm »

to lambert282,
Thank for your interest.  I defined a custom library field and label it as "Peak Chart Position".  For all my music files which represent charted "hits" this field holds, as you can tell from it's displayed label, the peak chart position attained.  I have a library or two which have many of the charted hit songs.  I have other libraries where this is not the case and even in those libraries that contain the hits, many of the library's tunes did not chart at all.  For those songs that did not chart I wanted a simple way to indicate so.  My first attempt was to enter a zero (0) for these songs in that library field.  When the field was defined as an integer field (makes sense for chart position, no?), a zero entry was never recorded.  And that, my friend, in more words than you probably cared to receive, is what I am attempting to do.  Do you have some other ideas?  I'm always glad to hear from others.  Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up