INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.164 Alpha Available  (Read 2471 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.164 Alpha Available
« on: January 04, 2005, 06:30:24 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110164.exe

Recent Changes

11.0.164 (1/4/05)

1. Fixed: MC would crash when accessing TV features if the TV control could not be created. (instead of showing an error)
2. Fixed: Mini View "Always on Top" option was not working properly.
3. NEW: Added extra warning dialog to delete / recycle options when erasing files. (has "Do not ask again" option)
4. NEW: Added "Eject" functionality to CD / DVD drive right-click menu.
5. Fixed: Sizing columns to 0-width would display a warning, but not snap the column back to a valid size.
6. Changed: Enabled / disabled interface plugins are stored per-user instead of per-install.
7. Fixed: During synchronization to portable devices, incorrect files were being added from playlists if they were updated between syncs.
8. Fixed: When starting playback, MC could flash to and from a wait cursor several times.
9. Fixed: 'Reset detected devices' for Portables will fully clean the registry and reset it for new device detection.
10. Changed: Server plug-ins unloaded when not in use. Note - Server plug-in options must be reset.
11. Changed: TV channel scanning interface is improved.
12. NEW: All split views start at the same location as the main view.  When spawning a new view while running, they clone the first view.
13. Fixed: Thumbnails from internal for videos or internal cover art could be blank or mismatched in some cases. (use Options > Tree & View > Erase All Thumbnails... to correct)

11.0.162 (12/23/04)

1. Fixed: The mouse pointer would not auto-hide in Theater View.
2. Fixed: Media Mode toolbar buttons wouldn't highlight right away after a click.
3. Fixed: MC will not try to initialize 'Ignored' portable devices.
4. Changed: Additional modifications to improve synchronization to Portables.
5. Fixed: Bug which was preventing Last Played and Rating info from correctly synching from iPod to PC.
6. Fixed: Keyboard shortcuts could get run twice in a row in some cases.

11.0.161 (12/22/04)

1. Fixed: Right-click synchronization for iPod was broken.
2. Fixed: Some toolbar buttons / menu commands would be wrongly disabled. (media modes, etc.)

11.0.160 (12/22/04)

1. Fixed: Synchronization issues with Portable Devices.
2. Changed: Tree / view splitter can be manually moved when in tree auto-sizing mode.
3. Fixed: Custom "Ripping Complete" sounds were not being played.
4. Fixed: Toolbar's "Show text" option was not working properly.
5. Fixed: In some cases, disabled commands could still be executed with keyboard shortcuts.
6. Fixed: Paste, delete, rename, and a few other commands could get routed to unfocused windows when then focused window didn't handle them -- causing unexpected results.
7. Fixed: In some cases, paste or drop operations could show a menu with 'Cancel' as the only choice.
8. NEW: Library Server, TiVo Server and UPnP Server update playcounts and last played times.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
  • Support for ATI HDTV card

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.0.164 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 06:43:06 pm »

1. Fixed: MC would crash when accessing TV features if the TV control could not be created. (instead of showing an error)
3. NEW: Added extra warning dialog to delete / recycle options when erasing files. (has "Do not ask again" option)
4. NEW: Added "Eject" functionality to CD / DVD drive right-click menu.
5. Fixed: Sizing columns to 0-width would display a warning, but not snap the column back to a valid size.
6. Changed: Enabled / disabled interface plugins are stored per-user instead of per-install.
7. Fixed: During synchronization to portable devices, incorrect files were being added from playlists if they were updated between syncs.
8. Fixed: When starting playback, MC could flash to and from a wait cursor several times.
9. Fixed: 'Reset detected devices' for Portables will fully clean the registry and reset it for new device detection.
10. Changed: Server plug-ins unloaded when not in use. Note - Server plug-in options must be reset.
11. Changed: TV channel scanning interface is improved.
12. NEW: All split views start at the same location as the main view.  When spawning a new view while running, they clone the first view.
13. Fixed: Thumbnails from internal for videos or internal cover art could be blank or mismatched in some cases. (use Options > Tree & View > Erase All Thumbnails... to correct)

Someone has been REALLY busy in the last couple of days, huh?

:)

Good job!

Michel

cattani

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Come to Black Sea !!! Constanta !!!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 08:27:32 pm »

very, very , very old bug, over 1 year i think,
now , this is fix
:)
Fii optimist si asteapta imposibilul !!!

mrsnarky

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 09:16:13 pm »

Help/About Media Center...       doesn't work! :o

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 11:12:46 pm »

Issues/Bugs:

1. The removable field is not filled in when items are imported

2. Bitrate field for all MPEG video files is shown as 165722112

3. Using Drive&Devices, moving a file from under one of the My Network Places shortcuts to another can result in deletion of the file instead, i.e. it doesn’t appear in the new location it was to be moved to, but presumably MC thinks it has been copied and deletes it from the old location. This same problem does NOT occur when moving files in the Microsoft Windows Network part of the My Network Places tree.

4. When moving photos to another location within “Drives and Devices” the photos are moved, but often the view of the folder the files were moved from is not updated properly (e.g. some of the moved files are still shown, but with an X through the thumbnail showing that the underlying file is no longer present). This occurs when moving files between network shares (where I keep my photos). I have not done detailed testing to determine whether this problem crops up in other contexts.

5. Executing MJEXTMAN.EXE unminimizes Media Center.

evanr76

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 01:13:17 am »

This is a newb question, but is the list of fixes all inclusive or is there other minor stuff fixed between builds too?   :)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 04:11:01 am »

Could someone verify that problems related to "Rename files from properties" or other tagging related problems no longer exist.

benrad

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 06:07:22 am »

iPod synching is still broken.

Everything appears synch fine, but upon using my iPod, I am only able to access all the music on the iPod by going to "Songs." "Artists" & "Albums" only show about 10-15 artists/albums, and nothing else.

Also, when attempting to add songs to the iPod from iTunes (purchased Music Store files), iTunes crashes upon detecting the iPod in question.

I'd post this in the handheld board, but I think this is becoming a serious deterrent to using MC. It's starting to be inconvinient maintaining parralell music libraries (iTunes & MC).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 07:01:29 am »

Could someone verify that problems related to "Rename files from properties" or other tagging related problems no longer exist.
Please use the original thread you started here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=24098.msg168134#msg168134
I don't think there is a bug at this point.  If you do, please use that thread to provide exact steps to reproduce and see if anyone else can confirm it.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2005, 07:03:53 am »

- Monkey's Audio compression options are not available. MC does not keep the selection and accepts only "Normal".

- I have two MP3 encoders: "MP3 Encoder" and "MP3 Encoder VBR". The latter shows the old encoding options (Low, Normal/Low, etc) besides the new selection panel. MC should remove the VBR encoder if it is a remainder of old installations.

-
Help/About Media Center... doesn't work! :o
Confirmed. Nothing shows up.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2005, 07:15:30 am »

the display issue isnt fixed yet...i can only get Viz ... :'(

hope its not just me  ;)

zeltak

dcwebman

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2005, 08:05:38 am »

Great!  But for some reason "Inactive Transparent" keeps getting set for some reason. I haven't figured out any specific reason why but find it at times.

Found it: Return to Standard View resets the Inactive Transparent. When going back to Mini-View, it takes 2 times unchecking Inactive Transparent to finally make it unchecked.
Second update: I discovered the Interface option "Make inactive Mini View transparent" in Standard View. If this is unchecked then returning to Mini View doesn't reset Inactive Transparent so that's good. But unchecking the option in Mini View should do the same thing.

Jeff
Jeff

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2005, 08:46:05 am »

This is a newb question, but is the list of fixes all inclusive or is there other minor stuff fixed between builds too?   :)

We try to mention anything worth mentioning.  However, small things and behind-the-scenes work occasionally fly under the radar.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AndromAK

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Omnes Vulnerant, Ultima Necat
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2005, 08:46:34 am »

Thumnails problem is finaly fixed.
I was waiting for this since the 129 build...
Good work!  :)

and Happy new year for all the team.

Lui2

• Recent member
  • Typical MC User
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2005, 09:23:25 am »

Thumnails problem is finaly fixed.
I was waiting for this since the 129 build...
Good work!  :)

Not totally, in one case (out of appr. 20 tests) I got again one wrong thumbnail, different from the picture included in the track.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2005, 09:25:01 am »

- I have two MP3 encoders: "MP3 Encoder" and "MP3 Encoder VBR". The latter shows the old encoding options (Low, Normal/Low, etc) besides the new selection panel. MC should remove the VBR encoder if it is a remainder of old installations.

I fixed this one by uninstalling the VBR encoder in Plug-in Manager. It may cause confusion if not removed.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2005, 09:57:21 am »

Sorry Jim,

Actually what I meant was, these posts from the .162 build:

The irksome "rename from properties" thing just won't go away and is tough to reproduce.
Still seeing this. Still no closer to being able to reproduce at will.

MC is often not completing the list. Possibly linked to MC being given consecutive rename from props jobs, with one being sent before the previous one has completed, also, I've only seen this when the job involves MC moving files from one drive to another.

Empty directories are often left behind. No, there are no hidden files, nor are there any non-mc files present. The directories are 100% empty after MC has completed its operations. What I'm also seeing here, is, that after a job that results in an empty directory, MC declares via the status bar below, that tag operations have completed, but the empty directory prompt does not pop until the next time the file list is right clicked, upon which it pops immediately, I chose OK, then have to right click again to get back to what I was doing before being so rudely interupted in my workflow....

by marko

and:

3- Still leaving empty folders

by Lisa RCT

and:

Odd behaviour during "rename files from properties" - it renames files OK but leaves copies in the original location as well.

Using "import media" and then "delete from MC and delete from computer" I can get rid of them but I've never had this one before!

Happy Christmas!

John

By Sir Sid Shambling.

My post was very vague though, and I kinda knew it when writing it. Sorry. My bad. I was being lazy.

Happy New Year,
Bri

SteveG

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2005, 10:39:44 am »

benrad,

We do not recommend switching back and forth between iTunes and MC in regards to iPod. Reinitialize and then only use MC and post if you are still having issues.

STeve

jsfarmer

• Recent member
Missing features?
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2005, 10:57:35 am »

Is it me or is the "recently imported" automatic playlist section missing?

Is it there and has been moved? Where?

Can i re-create it? How?

Thanks.
-Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up