INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center Zones and Delta 410 Setup Help  (Read 1015 times)

jtremble

Media Center Zones and Delta 410 Setup Help
« on: May 08, 2005, 09:52:24 am »

I recently installed a M-Audio Delta 410 audio card so that I could feed my main system an unmolested audio stream.  I also want to be able to send the same signal (via analog) to a Russound whole house audio system.

Last night I downloaded Media Center to act as the library/ media player.  So far everything is working well with one exception.. I can’t seem to be able to use both the SP/DIF output and the analog outputs at the same time. 

I think I understand the zones fairly well, but the problem seems to be in the computer’s control panel.  It appears that I have to select either the digital or analog outs for the audio playback…. Which ever one I select works, but I can’t get them both to work at the same time…… what am I doing wrong… how can I fix it.   

Thanks,
Jason

meep

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center Zones and Delta 410 Setup Help
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 11:10:52 am »

Hi jtremble

Are you sure it's a spdif vs analog problem/ I think MC simply doesn't work in multi-zone mode with the Delat 410 (anyone from J River care to comment - several similar threads here remain unanswered!)

I purchased MC specifically for it's ASIO capabilities and multi-zone feature. Now I find that only one zone can use ASIO and in any case, multi-zone does not appear to work with my Delat 410.

If someone has managed to get it working, please let me know!

I've set up two zones, set each to wave and selected channels 3/4 for the first and 5/6 for the second. I've selected M-Audio MultiChannel as the default device in Windows Audio Control Panel.

With that config and playing different tracks in each zone via MC10, I observe in the m-audio control panel that audio is playing back in channels 1/2.  (if I listen to these channels I hear both tracks!)

This is odd as nowhere in MC have I selected channels 1/2 as playback channels.

Comments/pointers appreciated.

I have m-audio 5.10.00.0046 drivers, MC10 10.0.173 and Win XP SP2.

Thanks

Peter

meep

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center Zones and Delta 410 Setup Help
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 07:08:01 am »

One step up, two steps back....

Upgraded to MC11 today and set up two new zones;

Zone 1 using Delta out 3/4
Zone 2 using Delta out 5/6

Played tunes in each zone and opened Delat CP.

There, saw signals on channels 1/2 and 5/6

This is progress as under MC10, could not get signals on any channel apart from 1/2

Odd though that Zone 1 did not "attach" to channels 3/4???

Anyway, closed down MC11, opened it up again and now no output anywhere except channels 1/2

Anyone any ideas to help? Really would like to crack this one!

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up