INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ID3V2 Tag List written out?  (Read 1121 times)

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
ID3V2 Tag List written out?
« on: January 08, 2005, 10:36:24 am »

The ID3V2 tag list is a long one (http://www.id3.org/id3v2.3.0.html) and MC11 supports entering data I assume for many of them and stores them in its own database. 

My question is how many and which tags actually get written out to the mp3 file so that other programs can read them? I realize that having options have to be set for each tag to be written out.  Does anyone have a list of tags that will write out?

If I look at the TAG info at the end of the raw mp3 file I do not see much other than song title, artist, year, comment and album.

Rick

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Re: ID3V2 Tag List written out?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 11:25:02 am »

To the best of my knowledge, If you go to Action Window -> File Properties -> File Type Info, you will find the tags that are written to the file. Don't know whether or not there are any hidden tags that do not appear under that info. Other more experienced users may be able to give you more info on this.

----
Listening to: 'It's A Man's, Man's, Man's World' from 'It's Too Funky in Here' by 'James Brown' on Media Center 10

Tiberius

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A big dog is twice as big as a dog 1/2 it's size..
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 03:32:02 pm »

If your looking at the file in a hex editor the tag info at the end of the file is the ID3V1 tag. The ID3V2 tag info is at the beginning of the mp3 file.
Failure is not an option...however it is often included at no extra charge...

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 03:56:12 pm »

I found some things at the top of the hex file but not much more than what is at the end of the file.  I have some test files and the Lyrics field for example is not being written out or BPM.

When you set up fields in tools/options/library, the checkbox states 'Store in file tags (when possible)'.  So is the Lyrics field not possible?  Or is the info encoded within the file?
Pages: [1]   Go Up