INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Am I Confused or Is the Word Sync a Misnomer?  (Read 1394 times)

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Am I Confused or Is the Word Sync a Misnomer?
« on: January 09, 2005, 09:47:01 pm »

Perhaps I'm being particularly dense...  but I can't get synchronization to work how I'd imagine.  I'm using a Rio Forge to hold pod casts and I want to be able to synchronize with a playlist in MC.  My life is a little simplified because the Forge has an internal memory (256MB) and an SD slot (currently a 512MB card) and these show up as two separate devices to the OS and MC.  For now I've got a little bit of music on the internal memory and I'm wanting to put just podcasts on my SD.

By my way of thinking, "synchronization" should work like this:  when I have a playlist in MC (called Podcast - and it's actually a smartlist) I want to be able to force the Forge to have the same media in the that smartlist.  So, syncing would require MC to delete all items on the Forge that aren't on the smartlist and copy all the items on the smartlist to the Forge that aren't already there.

Yet this doesn't seem to be working.  Am I confused?

IanG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Am I Confused or Is the Word Sync a Misnomer?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 07:22:36 am »

Have you selected "Delete unselected files during synchronization" in Tools / Options / Handheld?

Ian G.

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 08:07:42 am »

Thanks, Ian...  Selecting that option did precisely what I wanted - I'm not sure why that wasn't more obvious to me! 

Now if only my Rio kept track of whether I listened to an item or not.  Well, I guess I'd need to buy the Ipod for that functionality, eh?

adamsp70

• World Citizen
  • Unwired for sound...
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 10:28:56 am »

Or a Karma - infinitely better ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up