INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View issue: switching display plugin  (Read 1040 times)

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....
Theater View issue: switching display plugin
« on: January 09, 2005, 01:50:34 pm »

Hi,

Weather was a bit dull this sunday so I wasted som time trying to setup MC11 on my wide screen TV with Theater view and Girder.

For music playback I quickly found a good way of using it, althought navigating with the remote is a bit difficult and somewhat counter-intuitive. I set up a convenient track-info page using the same backgroud as "Hairstyle" and it looked nice.

Where I found myself stuck in a dead end was with Image playback.
Ok, here is the scenario :
After listening to some music, I decide to watch some pictures.
Ok, let me first build a convenient playlist for background music, start music playback then go to the image section, navigate and select the correct image folder then play...
Fine, the slideshow is now playing with the background music.
Now I'm tired with pictures, let me hit stop. Let me also clear the image playlist to go back to music mode.
I now feel like listening to the last U2 album: navigate, select, play and now stuck in the image display plugin saying: "There are no images queued, bla, bla,...."

I spend almost an hour trying to find a way to switch back to the "Track Info" plugin using my remote. I could not find a key sequence or an MCC command.

Is there a way to switch display plugin in Theater view ? (without using the mouse or the keyboard of course)

Thanks for any help,

cheers,

christian

Using MC11.0.162
Girder 3.3.7 and a Marmitek Remote
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Theater View issue: switching display plugin
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 06:48:09 pm »

This is something I've noticed too and there's no non-mouse/keyboard solution unfortunately. I've resorted to avoiding the play back of music while viewing photos for this reason. It'd be nice if MC would allow you to nominate a default display plugin for Theater Veiw so it would always revert back to this one once playback of any kind stops.

I love Theater View especially the latest improvements but I find that there are still certain situations which require mouse/keyboard interaction in order to get things happening. Eg, editing Playing Now.

Some features and/or capabilities (which would ultimately set Theater View apart from any other HTPC front-end) appear a little incomplete or over-looked but I'm confident these will get resolved in a not too distant build(s) :- http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=25134.0
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 08:49:43 pm »

The latest build of 11 should switch away from "Images" when there are no images to play.  Let us know if this isn't the case.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Cmagic

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 02:46:11 am »

Hi Matt, thanks

will try the latest build and report,

Have a great day,

C.

Bob Marley (War)

Cmagic

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 04:48:02 am »

Alright Matt,

Just tried with build 168.
It's a bit better but now after image list has been cleared, playing back music goes to 'Cover Art' display plugin and you're stuck there. No posibility to escape to TrackInfo or other viz plugins.
Not exactly what I was expecting.

Also in standard view, the right click menu does not show the display plugin option like in MC10. To select display plugin the only possibility is to go to the display status bar at the bottom of the screen. But, ok, this is not a problem in std view since the mouse is always handy !

cheers,

christian
Bob Marley (War)
Pages: [1]   Go Up