INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: save "sync" options per device  (Read 1034 times)

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
Feature Request: save "sync" options per device
« on: January 10, 2005, 02:13:06 pm »

I currently have 3 main devices that I sync with my full library -- an iPod, a Creative Muvo N2000 and my laptop. I would really, really like to be able to save all the synchronization options I use for each device so that I can just call those up.

For instance, with the Muvo, I always convert everything to WMA at 128 and sync one playlist particularly designed for this. With the iPod, I have a whole series of playlists that I sync, with no conversion, but I always want it to get the playcounts from the iPod and delete any unselected files. With the laptop, it's a different set of playlists. . .

Now, every time I put a different device on, I have to change a lot of things before I can start syncing. This is made all the more annoying because the Action Window that shows the playlists in only 3 lines high and half a line wide, so I spend lots of time scrolling around in there and it's not easy to see if I have the right playlists selected.

So, I would really like to be able to save my sync settings for each device.

Whaddya think?

IanG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request: save "sync" options per device
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 04:57:19 pm »

That would be great, though, in fairness, MC already does a pretty good job of storing different settings for different handhelds.

This is made all the more annoying because the Action Window that shows the playlists in only 3 lines high and half a line wide,

Do you have MC's window maximised?  I reported this as a problem a few weeks back, but I've only seen it happen when the window is too small.

Ian G.

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 05:10:31 pm »

That would be great, though, in fairness, MC already does a pretty good job of storing different settings for different handhelds.

How so? Am I missing something?

No, I don't have MC maximized. I hardly ever maximize any program. That's the glory of having a multi-tasking computer. I switched from DOS many years ago. . .  ;)

IanG

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 03:22:35 am »

How so? Am I missing something?

The right click options are saved for each device, but not the playlist options that you want.  I seem to remember Steve G saying that there was going to be some rationalisation of the way handheld options are defined, so maybe these are on their way.

That's the glory of having a multi-tasking computer.

Unfortunately, I'm a mono-tasking user  ;D

Ian G.

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 10:16:54 am »

This is a good feature to add. Most of it is in place for another project. I will look to add it asap.

Steve

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 12:05:32 pm »

Thanks. I will really appreciate it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up