INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.174 Alpha Available  (Read 2518 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.174 Alpha Available
« on: January 13, 2005, 09:58:19 am »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110174.exe

Recent Changes

11.0.174 (1/13/05)

1. Fixed: Audible plugin would not install properly on some systems.
2. Fixed: UPnP Header case, cache-control, server, date and usn header.

11.0.173 (1/12/05)

1. Changed: m3u playlists  for mass storage portables will include .\ in the path to accommodate Rio players and others.
2. Fixed: Shuffle / Continuous menu items in Mini View would not properly update their check state when switching states.
3. Fixed: Import dialog could paint slowly with skins that had custom dialog backgrounds.
4. Fixed: Seeking on some WMA radio streams could cause the program to hang.
5. NEW: Added native playback of Audible files. (allows DSP, burning, visualizations, etc.)
6. Changed: Dropping / pasting on "Playing Now" item shows menu for possible actions.
7. Changed: Drag-n-drop in Playlist, Playing Now, and some other views assumes move vs. copy based on keyboard control button instead of always showing a menu. (menu still possible with right-drag)
8. Changed: Drag-n-drop operations that will result in a menu being shown will show the link-type drag icon. (instead of move / copy)
9. Changed: "Please wait. Loading Page..." message uses list colors to better fit with the current skin.
10. Fixed: Relative path M3U files would not work properly when an entry started with a backslash.
11. Changed: Moving the volume slider will unmute the volume.
12. NEW: MC TV has A "Signal Strength Meter" on "TV Channels" property page, as well as on Scan Digital Channels dialog window, to indicate signal strength for digital TV.
13. NEW: Clicking an entry in TV channels list on "TV Channels" property page temporarily tunes TV to that channel.
14. Changed: Added long title scrolling back to the player display on mouse-over.
15. Changed: Reduced the show duration of tooltips in the player area.
16. Changed: Optimized synchronization for Portables.
17. Fixed: Device configuration dialog would not allow playlist tree to be scrolled.
18. Fixed: MC could crash when closing if its license was not loaded properly.
19. Fixed: General UPnP Cleanup.
20. Fixed: Library/TiVo/UPnP Server thread cleanup could avoid some problems.

11.0.168 (1/7/05)

1. Fixed: Showing Options could cause MC to crash.
2. Fixed: Showing multiple Playing Now views would not gracefully handle the fact that the display can only be shown by one view.
3. Fixed: In-place editing with single selections would not add the current value to the list, causing some unexpected behavior.

11.0.167 (1/6/05)

1. Fixed: In some cases, dropping / pasting files to a playlist list could reverse their order.
2. Fixed: Some TV dialog windows do not play nice with skinning.
3. NEW: Added support for Tree > Background skin item for having custom tree backgrounds.
4. Fixed (again): Thumbnails from internal for videos or internal cover art could be blank or mismatched in some cases. (use Options > Tree & View > Erase All Thumbnails... to correct)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Re: Media Center 11.0.174 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 10:47:20 am »

All plugins present and accounted for!

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 11:00:52 am »

11. Changed: Moving the volume slider will unmute the volume.

Suggestion: Most systems these days only unmute when volume goes up, so as to be able to volume-down during mute or immediately after a mute.

lpr

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 02:43:05 pm »

Still unable to install Cinemar's MusicLobby plugin. MC freezes when you load it after the install of the plugin.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 02:53:37 pm »

1. Analyzing large files, > 100 MB (mixes), hangs around 40%, sometimes the whole system freezes.
2. When MC finishes analyzing large number of files, the analyzing window never displays " completed" and the exit button stays greyed out, even though the file analysis is compleeted.
3. Importing seems to take longer than it should and the number of files imported into the library is reported incorrectly.  Also, while MC is searching for new files, parts of the previous dialogue window GUI remain on the screen.

Media Center Registered 11.0.174 -- F:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3403 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 712 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 09:34:54 pm »

iPod transfers send all teh files, but not all the Gigs of data.

See my other post in the portables forum for details.
pretend this is something funny

adamsp70

• World Citizen
  • Unwired for sound...
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 03:58:16 am »

I have a Quick Play button on my (bottom) toolbar. I use it to select my playlists. If i choose my "random genre" playlist the first time it works fine, but any subsequent usage of it, the tracks stay exactly the same and it starts playing them over again!

If i go to the main navigation tree and select it - it gives me a new list of tracks, as it should.

This has been happening the last few builds - just thought you should know...

Markus

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 08:53:52 am »

When MC is started by Media Scheduler with a playlist as parameter I often see that MC plays one ore more songs from the playlist  are played alright but then without apparent reason the next one or often more songs are played without sound.
     The mute button is turned off an dthe volume slider is in the same position as before, too. The song disply shows the right song and that the time advances but you don't hear anything. sometimes the next song plays okay again, sometimes the complete rest of the playlist plays muted out.
     This has only happened from the beginning of a song, never in progress of playing a song. I'm pretty sure this is a bug in MC because it never happened with much earlier versions. Unfortunately I do not know when it was introduced but it's not new with 11.0.174.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 09:26:35 am »

When MC is started by Media Scheduler with a playlist as parameter I often see that MC plays one ore more songs from the playlist  are played alright but then without apparent reason the next one or often more songs are played without sound.

I have noticed that too. Sometimes freshly started tracks are just silent (no Media Scheduler, just basic playback). Restarting the playback once or twice usually fixes the problem. I thought that MC has difficulties with the ASIO driver, but perhaps it is something else. I think the behavior started a few builds ago, but I can't say exactly when.

Usual playback settings: Internal Volume control, Replay gain (album, automatic), 24-bit output
Soundcard: Terratec DMX 6 fire 24/96 with ASIO4ALL driver
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 09:50:38 am »

2 small burning issues:

1) I attempted to burn a live show comprised of 12 flac files.  These files played correctly when I listened to them on my machine.   The burn appeared to go fine.  However, when I went to play the burned disk, it had burned only the first 10 seconds of each track.

While I realize flac may not be fully supported, if attempting to burn will create coasters like this, shouldn't you prevent/notify the user if flac files are added to a burn queue?

2) I then converted these files to ape as I normally do (Thanks matt!).... I was then able to burn the disk and have it turn out correctly.  HOwever, this leads to the second minor issue I have been seeing for a while - after the disk finished burning, the AW status displayed the "Writing lead-out..." message..... The disk ejected, I was able to label the disk, and then close the drive..... Alll while the AW status claimed it was still writing.  It did not display the Disk complete message until after I had closed the drive.  Not a big issue since the disk turns out great as expected, but potentially confusing.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005, 09:59:01 am »

2 small burning issues:

1) I attempted to burn a live show comprised of 12 flac files.  These files played correctly when I listened to them on my machine.   The burn appeared to go fine.  However, when I went to play the burned disk, it had burned only the first 10 seconds of each track.

While I realize flac may not be fully supported, if attempting to burn will create coasters like this, shouldn't you prevent/notify the user if flac files are added to a burn queue?

There's a bug in the FLAC plugin where it reports file lengths incorrectly.  Maybe if you contact the author of the FLAC plugin it could get fixed.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cfgreen

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2005, 10:41:15 am »

Moving a Folder from the tree causing Media Center to Crash.

I work with my rips on the local drive for Tagging and when done will move them to its home on the server.

This problem showed up around .64

Example from the Media Center Tree

Make or try to move a folder on your machine (I used my C:)
all OK
Try to drag it somewere else

I crash each time ...

Follow up.

The server still had .62  on it so I verifyed the folder test there and all went well.
I then updated the sever side to .174 and tested

Media Center crashed..

OS's
Server = Win2Kpro Server, Workstation = W2kpro (all up to date)
Workstation #2 = XPpro, crashes allso

Matt
I have not listed the error logs as this should be very easy to recreate.

Thanks Charles

stubby

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2005, 01:35:57 pm »

After ripping I'm getting Tagging Error: "Media Center encountered errors while tagging and moving files. Check that the files exist and are not in use by other programs".

Got it on a clean install on both an XP Pro and Win 2K Pro system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up