INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minor Issues/Inquiries  (Read 777 times)

freeridingolfer

• Recent member
Minor Issues/Inquiries
« on: January 16, 2005, 03:44:01 pm »

I've been working with MC 11 now for only two weeks and I must say it is extremely impressive. That said, I thought I'd jump in here with a few minor issues I've come across to see if they can get resolved or if I can get some feedback.

First, it appears that MC 11 will not import files greater than 2 GB in size. I have an extensive DivX collection and all of the files imported except those greater than 2 GB. Is there a reason for this, of just some kind of limitation I've hit upon?

Next, I'd like to request that the cover art displays in Theater Mode that show two or more covers within a single square use a proportional resizing technique instead of a stretch tecnique. With "album" cover art the current display is fine, but if you use DVD jacket art, they are "widened" and the stretch effect looks really hokey.

Finally, any thoughts to adding an "Info" page to the Theater Mode. This would allow you to drill down to an item and then display a page similar to the "Now Playing" page to get additional info about a track or video you may want to add or play. This would be especially useful for videos since the "Now Playing" page does not display for those objects since the screen must display the clip itself.

Thats all for now. Thanks in advance for listening or for any feedback or input.

- Drew

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Minor Issues/Inquiries
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 10:35:36 pm »

First, it appears that MC 11 will not import files greater than 2 GB in size. I have an extensive DivX collection and all of the files imported except those greater than 2 GB. Is there a reason for this, of just some kind of limitation I've hit upon?

What's the error you're getting? I've never had a problem with this.

Finally, any thoughts to adding an "Info" page to the Theater Mode. This would allow you to drill down to an item and then display a page similar to the "Now Playing" page to get additional info about a track or video you may want to add or play. This would be especially useful for videos since the "Now Playing" page does not display for those objects since the screen must display the clip itself.

Not that I know of. You could just setup a custom view with the columns you're interested in and choose to display that in Theater View. This is what I do.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

freeridingolfer

• Recent member
Re: Minor Issues/Inquiries
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 12:25:11 am »

What's the error you're getting? I've never had a problem with this.

I get the following "errors" in the import log:

Code: [Select]
****************************************************************************************************
Importing new files (1/16/2005 10:17:56 PM)
****************************************************************************************************
Adding: P:\DivX\Apocalypse Now Redux.avi
    Failed to analyze / add
Adding: P:\DivX\Lord of the Rings- Return of the King.avi
    Failed to analyze / add

Maybe the analyze function has some kind of size limitation? The files play fine through Media Center's "Open Media File.." menu options as well as the DivX player.

Not that I know of. You could just setup a custom view with the columns you're interested in and choose to display that in Theater View. This is what I do.

Not sure this is exactly what I'm looking for. Do you have a screenshot of what yours looks like?

Thanks.

- Drew
Pages: [1]   Go Up