INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Refreshing not found icon- how?  (Read 730 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Refreshing not found icon- how?
« on: January 15, 2005, 08:12:16 am »

I was using MC 10.0.173 last night. I looked at an artist's album listing and the songs were changed to the icon where they weren't found on the drive. I've seen that before so no big deal. I went to the drive location and the files were definitely there. I then searched for some way to tell MC that they really are there basically like a refresh. I even played the wrongly marked songs hoping that would reset the icon back to the 2 music note icon. No good. I couldn't find anyway in the menus to refresh so ended up having to remove from the library and import them again. What is the correct way to refresh in this case?

Jeff
Jeff

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Refreshing not found icon- how?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 04:38:49 pm »

I had this happen to me again today. Here's some more information. The drive that has the MP3 files is on another computer on my network, all machines running Windows XP Pro SP2. When it happens, I can go to Windows Explorer, click the MP3 drive and see the files so I'm guessing it's connecting. I can deal with this.

The problem is the icon stays with that document with the X. How do I get it back to the 2 music notes without having to remove and import again?

Jeff

Listening to: 'Carrie' from 'The Final Countdown' by 'Europe' on Media Center 10
Jeff

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Refreshing not found icon- how?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 08:44:09 am »

Happened to me all the time.  Same situation.  If there's a delay in reaching the hard drive on the other computer, MC thinks the file's not available and replaces the icon.  The icon itself doesn't cause any problems.  Once the file is readable again, MC plays it fine, even while keeping the bad icon.
Next time I launch MC, the regular icon is restored, as long as the file is readable at that time.
I've recently begun moving to a one-PC library because I suspect that the network setup was slowing down MC in other areas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up