INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11.0.180 iPod Issues  (Read 1430 times)

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
  • Absence of alternatives clears the mind nicely.
MC 11.0.180 iPod Issues
« on: January 26, 2005, 08:20:02 pm »

iPod Cosmetic Issues
The sync seems to work fine. I'm not testing things like iPod to MC playcount transfer just checking the basic song and playlist transfer. Testing with 3G, library 40K songs, about 4,000 songs on the iPod.

Re-dock iPod before each test.

--Click AW/handheld. No indication button is clicked. 4 second pause with no hourglass.
--Click synchronize. Button shows clicked. Hourglass flickers once. No hourglass for
  4 seconds until "Synching info with MC" window displays.
--Close synchronize before transfer. MC prompts to clear the queue. Why prompt? Shouldn't it always clear?
--Click transfer. Transfer works. On close MC prompts to clear queue.
-- Action window is not visible after transfer finishes when files are transfered.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
Re: MC 11.0.180 iPod Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 01:36:41 am »

Pretty much the same as BlueGlow - I r/clicked on Ipod as an alternative and included a duplicate file to test.

In contrast to 179 I got no warning message at all about that - but I did get "You have files queued up  for transfer. Do you want to clear the queue?" throughout the transfer.

That went very well - thanks Steve. Placounts and last played seem to be fine as well.

A couple of things though:-

1. I miss the "synching playlists message".
2. I tried a second synch and got a different "free space" amount after transfer at the foot of the AW than on the first synch even though I wasn't transfering any files.

John.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 01:45:54 pm »

BG and John,

The next build should resolve the 'Clear Queue' stuff. I see the 'Synching Playlists' message fine. Please recheck that with the next build. The difference in 'Free space' is the result of when the calculation of the sync is done. This will be modified soon.

BG,

I always see the pause wait correctly. Can you email me your iTunesDB file from your iPod and I will load and test it and see if I can see (and then fix) what you are reporting?

Thanks.

Steve

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
  • Absence of alternatives clears the mind nicely.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 02:32:40 pm »

Steve,
Sure, where should I send the file?
Nevermind, found it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up