INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.180 Beta Available  (Read 2543 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.180 Beta Available
« on: January 26, 2005, 05:35:22 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110180.exe

Recent Changes

11.0.180 (1/26/05)

1. Fixed: Media Center behaves nicer when holding down fast forward for the course of several audio tracks.
2. Fixed: If duplicate files are selected during Portable transfer, warning would appear multiple times.
3. Fixed: If available space was exceeded during a proposed transfer to a Portable, the available space was incorrectly reported.
4. NEW: IP Address may be specified for UPnP Server (useful for multi-homed servers).
5. NEW: TiVo Server/UPnP Server can now access view schemes.
6. Changed: Disc-number sorting now treats empty, "0", and "1" all as the same disc number.
7. Fixed: Verification of files was occuring when dropped on list, rather than prior to upload.
8. Fixed: List scroll / selection was not being properly restored when navigating "Back."
9. Fixed: Using image manipulation tools inside of Library Browser could cause crashes.
10. Fixed: Fullscreen image playback would not always accept keyboard shortcuts as expected.
11. Fixed: Clicking "Play" on a view header would not honor sorting specified inside of a smartlist.
12. Changed: Library Browser coloring now matches list coloring specified by the skin.

11.0.179 (1/21/05)

1. Fixed: Progress bars would draw as black boxes. (introduced in 178)
2. Changed: View headers use list colors to choose list and text coloring.
3. Changed: Information box added to inform users that files queued for transfer to a Portable Device will be removed if they already exist on the device.
4. Changed: If a user closes the Portable 'Sync' action window, MC will prompt to clear the queue.
5. Changed: Added a wait message during initialization of the playlist tree control in the Portable Sync AW.
6. Fixed: Closing the program could cause a handheld to get initialized even if it was never used, which caused slowdowns.

11.0.178 (1/19/05)

1. Fixed: UPnP Server incorrectly reports 0 for number of children.
2. Changed: Added hack for some UPnP implementations that don't allow nested URLs.
3. Fixed: MP3 files on a Samba server that didn't handle short filenames could fail to be imported or tagged.
4. Fixed: Flickering when Portable Device list control was redrawn.
5. Fixed: Defined folders as a 'Portable Device' caused crashing when selected in the tree.
6. Fixed: After viewing a CD burn queue list, MC would crash when closing.
7. Fixed: UPnP/TiVo/Library Servers may have crashed on exit, or not stopped if exiting while playing.
8. Optimized: Switching views is faster in many cases.
9. Fixed: Audible plugin would not load properly on some systems.
10. New: Image adjustments (brightness, contrast etc.) are available for digital TV now.
11. Fixed: Track Info page token TRACKINFO_INSERT_PLAYLISTS was not working properly.

11.0.177 (1/14/05)

1. Fixed: Some drag-n-drop / clipboard actions could cause a crash if no files were involved.
2. Changed: Back / forward works between webpage and library type views, to effectively create one history list.
3. Changed: Wait message should appear while MC gathers information from Portable Devices.
4. Changed: Wait message should appear while Portable Device Action Window draws playlist tree when necessary.
5. Fixed: Portable Device Sync queue will prompt to clear queue when AW is closed.
6. Fixed: Portable Device playlist tree flickering during draw.
7. Fixed: Searches / tree items for long strings would not work properly when a short string started the same as the long string.
8. Fixed: Quick Play of mix-type smartlists would play the same results each time.
9. Optimized: Improved speed of views containing view headers.
10. NEW: Added view header to handheld list views.
11. Changed: View header for CDs "Rip" control changes to "Cancel Rip" when ripping is in progress.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
  • Support for ATI HDTV card
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
Re: Media Center 11.0.180 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 06:12:30 pm »

The MC resizeable window was still extremely wide and short after installing this build, as was the case in the last build.  I reverted back to build 11.0.178, then decided to reinstall 11.0.180 to get a screen capture. On reinstall, MC opened with the window of appropriate size. 

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
  • Absence of alternatives clears the mind nicely.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 08:08:53 pm »

--Shift del on a song now selects Remove from library and send to Recycle bin
  It used to select Remove and permanently delete.
   [Update: Doing it again later tonight and it defaults to permanent delete. ]
--Any mouse movement shows the playing now info bar.
  Add my vote for permanent hide with right click control.
--Playlists field is not working in trackinfo templates.
--Music stuttering during import and iPod operations. Never had this before.
--Playback started stuttering badly after restore from minimize.
--Main window still wide and short.
--Cosmetic iPod sync issues.
--Action window gone after iPod sync. (only when files are transferred)

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 08:34:30 pm »

BUG: The Recently Playing Now's playlist sorts incorrectly when times cross-over from AM to PM. For example:-

26/01/2005 1:30 PM
26/01/2005 1:35 PM
26/01/2005 11:44 AM
26/01/2005 11:46 AM

Time is sorted numerically (smallest to largest) rather than chronologically. This get's very confusing especially when you have a large list.

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 10:46:34 pm »

Build .78 but maybe still present:

clicking "back" takes you back as expected to the previous view, but if that happens to be a different media mode, even though you can see the previous view correctly, the media mode doesnt change.

Eg: I changed from an audio viewscheme to a video one and then hit back and could see my audio one again, but in the tree only the video one is visible and the video media mode button is still selected.

----
OT:
By the way, I like the album thumbnails that appear at the top of playlists. Just noticed.

But dont like the playing now window appearance\behaviour, like others.

evanr76

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 11:03:07 pm »

Whenever ripping 5+ discs at once, Media Center pops up a dialog informing you that "Disk Space is low - continue with rip?" even if there is plenty of free space available (much more than 5x700MB i.e. the uncompressed data size).

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
  • Absence of alternatives clears the mind nicely.
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 11:56:53 pm »

Probably works as designed but I thought I'd add it here, just in case.
--Export playlist does not warn user when overwriting file.
--Export playlist does not display an hourglass or other busy indicator when exporting.

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 12:33:23 pm »

The Library Browser looks extremely unattractive now - is there a way of messing with it without changing skins? It looks bloody awful. I really can't understand why you messed with it.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 12:52:59 pm »

Sorry prod, but I like the new view much more. It didn't even use the "old-style" library browser only because it dosen't fit optically to my skin (opulence SC). But now I give it a try.

Now it's beta? Why this?

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 01:24:31 pm »

that's not really the point tho is it? i liked it before, now i don't. some kind of option would have been nice, i.e. to leave it how i liked it. then we'd both be happy. as it is, of the two of us, only you are, so enjoy.  :(

matshif

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 01:28:54 pm »

The MC resizeable window was still extremely wide and short after installing this build, as was the case in the last build.  I reverted back to build 11.0.178, then decided to reinstall 11.0.180.
On reinstall, MC resizeable window was still extremely wide and short.

Fonts back to defeult. Doesn't help with reinstall.

ConTrail

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 03:52:01 pm »

When trying to access my Muvo2, MC just locks up on retrieving file info. Stops playing after current song is done, and i must close it by taskbar to get it away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up