INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turning off All() item in view scheme  (Read 1410 times)

timt

Turning off All() item in view scheme
« on: January 27, 2005, 03:07:16 pm »

Is it possible to turn off the All() item that automatically appears in view schemes? For example in the Artist Album view scheme the list will look something like :

Artist/Album
  All(2)
  Kelis
  Thievery Corporation

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Turning off All() item in view scheme
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 05:24:53 pm »

Sorry, but not currently.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 05:30:02 pm »

I would like that. It's a problem in NetRemote, if somebody presses "All" by accident in my system, everything seems to lock up, but the real problem is 53K tracks being added to playing now and transfered to the NetRemote client... It has been asked for before as well.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 05:48:00 pm »

I, personally, have no reason to want the "All" selection turned off (actually I like that option a lot), there is one thing concerning it that is weird (and would be nice to see fixed).  When I'm tagging video files I often like to assign a lot of properties at once by drag-dropping files onto the tree.

For some of my video files, I typically will set the "Album" and "Genre" but not the "Artist" (which I reserve for the Director/Principal Creator and look up on IMDB when I have time) and a custom field called "Series".  One of the View Schemes I have set up that I often use for this purpose is a Genre/Artist/Series/Album view scheme.  For an example, say that I drag-drop a set of files to the following place:  Genre=TV, Artist=All(#), Series=Carnivale, Album=Season 2.

What I would like to have happen would be to assign all fields EXCEPT for Artist (which I would figure should be preserved as whatever it already is - essentially ignoring the All).  What actually happens is that the files are tagged with Artist = "All(23)" (for example).  Adding to the confusion, Since "All(23)" is now "one of the artists" it actually shows up in the list.  This leaves me with "All(24)" immediately followed by "All(23)" (because the new "artist" makes the real All count higher).

Its quite confusing the first time it happens, and annoying now that I know what's going on.  Any way All can be changed when tagging to be treated as a special case?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 07:32:10 pm »

Given the comments above it's clear this is crying out to be an option.  For theatre view users I can see how it's a great feature that gives more flexibility with view schemes.  However with NetRemote you need to coherse your users (drunken party goers) into drilling down a bit further than your whole library before letting them press play.

If there are no plans to make this an option please say so because Ben can then (be persuaded to) work on removing it from NR.
JLee

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 08:04:38 pm »

Just a thought but could the sort sequence be changed so that the all() is last in the list instead of first?

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 11:51:15 pm »

I vote to have it as an option in a viewscheme, there are some viewschemes where it makes sense and others not.

bman001

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 06:41:41 pm »

I vote to make it optional as well.  Personally I find it terribly redundant.  If you want to view all the items under a folder just click on that folder.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2005, 08:59:09 am »

Optional here too. Sometimes i like it, sometimes I dont.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up