INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Party-Playlist with a Wish list-function  (Read 1050 times)

Robert S

• Junior Woodchuck
Party-Playlist with a Wish list-function
« on: January 31, 2005, 03:27:40 am »

I'm planing to use MC11 on a party and I'm setting up a playlist that has dancable-music in different genres. I once got an advice from a DJ that to keep as many people dancing as possible, it's good to play 3 songs from the same genre in a row, and then have 3 songs from another genre, and so on. So that's how I build my playlist this time.

It would be nice for my guests to be able to search through my library and put songs on a "wish list". The wish list would then pick 3 songs every now and then and play those instead of playing 3 genre songs from my my party-playlist.

So my question is; is this possible without creating a plugin? If not - I'd better start coding...

/Robert

EpF

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Party-Playlist with a Wish list-function
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 02:55:35 pm »

I think you should be able to do it by creating 1 playlist/smartlist of all the songs you want to play, plus one empty list for people to put their requests.  Then you make a final smartlist which uses both lists as its source for files, and include a rule to limit each genre to 3 songs in a row.  The MC help file has a table of all the smartlist search parameters available, with a good description of how they work and examples.

One feature of MC which I'm sure would aid you in this, but which I don't know much about, is the 'last played' or 'number of times played' field (can't remember exactly what it's called now, and don't have MC on this machine).  As far as I understand it, you could use that field to create a rule whereby songs that guests have chosen and have already been played would not be repeated.

Hope that helped - it's vague, I know, but hey - at least you got a reply!

;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up