INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Create folder option when burning data CD  (Read 770 times)

sterling

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Feature request: Create folder option when burning data CD
« on: February 01, 2005, 11:21:43 am »

Hi I am using Media Center 10 and really love it. This is without a doubt the best player available today.

Can we please get a create folder option, for burning data CD's. This feature is really important, for people who are playing MP3's in their car, and want to be able to group their tracks by artists, or whatever. I have had to use Acoustica as a tempoary solution, to burn MP3's to disk.

;D Please include this in version 11  ;D

Thanks
Peter

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
Re: Feature request: Create folder option when burning data CD
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 12:09:56 pm »

Hi Peter

Im using v11, and it does do what you want. However Im pretty sure that v10 also had this ability, because Im sure I used it for my car CDs. Have you looked at the burn options - I dont mean CD writer options in Tools/Options, but the options available from the action window when setting up a burn list. On my v11 I have both file and folder naming options, with presets and the ability to customise.

Anyway, if v10 doesnt do it perhaps you might give v11 a try.

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 12:19:20 pm »

It is definitely there, even with MC10.  Look at the CD/DVD Folder Option.  This is one of the best features of MC for burning MP3 CDs.  Also, you may want to experiment with CD File Naming.

Before you hit the button to start the burn, click on Show List.  This will layout how the CD will look.  It can be a little tricky at first, but there is plenty of flexibility on how your CD gets created.

sterling

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 02:13:04 pm »

Thanks for the really quick replies.

The automated system for folder naming is good, but it lacks flexibility in an important area. In many cases the by "Artist" will be fine, but we need a simple way to go into the list an highlite entries and change a group of artists to a "Various" folder, as an example.

This could be accomplished the same way as in the "Tag Info" screen, where you can change "Varies" to some other common value.

The challenge is to create something that gives a bit more flexibility.

Thanks ;D
Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up